cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Stabilty

achusuresh2
I've been around

I have been trying to contact Rogers for the last three days . Everytime I call, I have to wait for hours and even then no one answers .My internet gets disconnected regularly and my meetings get interrupted . I am stuck with this company and am thinking of moving away . Very bad customer support .

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Internet Stabilty

RogersTony

Hello, @achusuresh2

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're sad to hear about the issues you've been facing and the long hold times. Depending on the time of the day that you reach out to us there may be a longer hold time than usual. 

Did you know you can reach out to a technical support consultant on Twitter, Facebook, Apple Business Chat, and even Instagram? Our social media support teams are available 24/7 and can assist with technical support. The best part is you do not have to wait on hold, they will troubleshoot with you asynchronously so the conversation never gets dropped if you do not reply to us right away.

You can find all the contact options for Internet technical support by clicking here.

We can also provide you with support here via the community forums but we'll need more details on what is happening when the connection drops.

• Do all of your devices drop connection at the same time?
  • Are you connecting using Ethernet or Wi-Fi?
  • Does the light on the top of the mode change colour when the connection drops?
  • Does the connection restore itself or does it require a reboot?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

HappyPotato
I'm here a lot

I managed to get to Rogers support rather quickly yesterday. They are dispatching a tech to run some tests. I asked what those tests might entail, but the support agent was not able to tell me.

I'll try to update your post with what this onsite tech finds today.

HappyPotato
I'm here a lot
I’ll have to monitor over the next few days. But the tech used some kind of application on his PC and found the signal to my modem wasn’t great. This is the opposite of what Rogers support said when I first contacted them.

Regardless, what the contract tech did was connect a CATV return path attenuator to the Ignite gateway modem then the coax from the basement to that attenuator. Tech stated this cleaned up the signal well. The label on the attenuator says it’s SAT4209 by TCC Corp. I believe it’s this product:

http://tcc-corp.com/en-pro_detail.asp?s_no=72&id=CATV

Again, I’ll have to monitor this over a number of days to see if this has stopped my intermittent WAN connection issues.

IGD[13600]: igd.info Eventing:PhysicalLinkStatus=Up
2022/10/29 08:32:02 Notice

IGD[13600]: igd.info event num: 2
2022/10/29 08:31:08 Notice

IGD[13600]: igd.info ExternalIPAddress updated & evented

IGD[13600]: igd.info ConnectionStatus updated & evented

IGD[13600]: igd.info event num: 2
2022/10/29 08:31:06 Notice

IGD[13600]: igd.info ExternalIPAddress updated & evented

IGD[13600]: igd.info Eventing:PhysicalLinkStatus=Down

Well it made no difference. Still happening - and I’m not sure if Rogers will do anything. Never had this issue ever with Bell ADSL or Fibre to the home…

HappyPotato
I'm here a lot

Figured I'd update here. So after a second tech return, allegedly, there is signal noise from the cable from the Rogers box on the side of my house (not the tap bridge, my box on the house) to the modem. I have a PM conversation going with Rogers support about this issue.

Allegedly, tier 1 Rogers support doesn't have access to all the metrics these field techs look at when they are on site. Technician had to use some fancy Hitron device that apparently costs thousands of dollars. Rather than wasting my time and money replacing this cable that allegedly has the signal noise, I've asked for my issue to be escalated to tier2/3 Rogers support to confirm this signal noise issue the onsite technician found.

This is a reasonable request on my part, as I want Rogers to give me hard proof the issue is on my side of the demarc point. I trust the onsite technician (very helpful and did a much more thorough job than the first tech), but I want this, in writing, from Rogers themselves - with proof. Rather than the third party technician.

I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Crivens
I plan to stick around

I had internet disconnections for 14 months before they finally repaired the neighbourhood node. They kept claiming it was a problem with the wiring to and in my house, or the modem. The "@" symbol would flash on my modem, which indicated it was an upstream problem, i.e. outside of my house and in Rogers' infrastructure. Technicians kept visiting houses on my street to try to solve their problems.

I went through multiple technicians saying there was a problem with the line to my house, and from the outside box to the inside of my house. Nope. Other technicians told me it was a neighbourhood node issue. They ran a temporary line, which fixed nothing. But it did mean they had to dig up part of my neighbour's drive, which really angered him.

Nothing was fixed for 14 months until I opened a case with https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/. Rogers immediately got onto it and eventually upgraded the neighbourhood node.

My huge complaint with Rogers' support is that they keep sending out technicians to the same house, but they all start the investigation from scratch. They don't seem to collate problems in the same neighbourhood and pro-actively say "hey, there's a problem, let's investigate the local infrastructure". They only care about problems when you open a case with the CCTS.

So if this goes on for a long time, file a complaint at https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/.

For the record, I started having disconnections again just over a month ago, and it's the same old story. We'll send a technician to investigate in your house. Nope.

Anyway good luck.

Greetings @Crivens!

We appreciate your post! I'm disappointed to hear that you had to jump through quite a few hoops in order to get your issue resolved the first time...it shouldn't be that difficult. 😕

You've mentioned that you are having some disconnection issues once again which isn't good. If possible, feel free to post more details about the issues at hand and also what your current set-up looks like--we have some great Resident Experts who frequent these forums who may have some additional insight or recommendations for you to try! 

We can also have a deeper look on the back end to see what could be happening and we can review past tickets/notes on your account to see what's been done thus far. Feel free to PM us @CommunityHelps to get started! For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kindest of regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 5 in conversation