cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer all mail from several email accounts into a file and/or another non rogers email

Bratislav
I've been here awhile

After several months of not being able to generate app password and having ones that worked fine wiped by rogers with no warning or communication I am left with simply going to a (hopefully) more competent provider. 

In researching - looks like I need an email app (ie outlook) in order to backup email to a file or export. This is not possible since the issue is that I can not (re)connect the app - chicken and the egg situation.

Yahoo email does not have an export or a rule I can create/use to accomplish this, and forwarding 1000's of mail one at a time is not an option.

Seeing as not being able to backup holds me hostage to rogers service which I wish to cancel  - what options are there that I may have missed?

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to transfer all mail from several email accounts into a file and/or another non rogers email

RogersMoin

Hello, @Bratislav.

I appreciate your situation; being unable to sign in to the Outlook email client can be inconvenient.

In one of the threads on this topic, a member could sign into the Thunderbird email client without an app password. Try out if you can log in and access your email account through Thunderbird.

If you can successfully access your email account through Thunderbird, you can experiment with saving a few emails as an EML file and opening them in Outlook.

Thank you for your patience and your post.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Re: How to transfer all mail from several email accounts into a file and/or another non rogers email

KIAGIRL
I've been around

I have experienced the exact same situation since April 2023.  Rogers has a ticket open for me on this, and they keep sending me once a month an email that says that they haven't fixed the problem yet.  When I call Rogers, no one seems to know what I am talking about.

Wondering if perhaps you have found a solution yet?  I have been trying to transfer my emails to a GMail account, but Rogers also stopped the feature of forwarding email to a new account.  Therefor, I can't even transfer my existing emails to a new account.  So, yes, I agree with you that we are being held hostage here.

I'm at a loss on how to transfer my emails in order to keep them.

Has anyone come up with a solution?  I'm in tears.

Thanks. 

Hi @KIAGIRL,

Thank you for joining the conversation and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Are you looking to transfer your @rogers.com emails over to your Gmail account? You can try these steps to add your Rogers email account to your Gmail account. Once added, it should import all your Rogers emails over to Gmail.

Open Gmail Account & Click on Gear Icon.
Now move to the “Accounts and Import” Tab.
Select Check mail from other accounts & Add Mail Account.
Enter Email Address & Select the Appropriate Option from list.

Let us know if works for you.

RogersJermaine

Hello - this solution does not work. I continually get errors “there was a problem connecting to ……” Rogers server. I too am looking to move my email to GMail and can’t find a way to do this in a batch process. Any assistance is appreciated.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation