cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Rogers Yahoo calendar and contacts into Outlook 365?

BruceW1
I've been around

I have had a Rogers Yahoo email/calendar/contacts account since the very beginning.  All of these apps download to my MacBook Pro with no problems and 2-way sync is almost seamless (sometimes, calendar entries on my iPhone don't upload to Rogers Yahoo.

I now have a new PC.  I can get my email downloaded to Outlook 365, but can't get calendar or contacts. I contacted Rogers Support chat but they couldn't help me.  The CSR sent me a couple of links but they were useless.  I have done some Google searches with mixed results.  The Yahoo app (non-Rogers) has a share function, but that doesn't appear on the Rogers Yahoo app.  Other posts said it couldn't be done.  Another post on this site by a Rogers employee said try the CalDav Synchronizer.  I downloaded the add-in for Outlook, but there is no provision for connecting to Yahoo or Rogers Yahoo.  So you have to free form it, but the Synchronizer keeps freezing Outlook 365.

Any advice on how to make the connection?  Perhaps I should move to Gmail.

Thanks.....

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How do I get Rogers Yahoo calendar and contacts into Outlook 365?

RogersMoin

Hello, @BruceW1.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums!

I appreciate your detailed post; a full sync across different platforms and different devices can be quite convenient. With Outlook, an exchange-type email account can sync across different devices reliably. 

Your calendar will not sync with Outlook. However, you can import your Contacts from your @rogers.com email into your Outlook. 

To import your Contacts, please follow the steps below:

• On the top right, click on Contacts > Options > Export to CSV file
  • To import this into your Outlook, follow the Office Support article

Please remember the Contacts list on your Outlook will not sync with your other devices.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I totally understand why synching contacts and calendar entries is important. I would want that too.  I had the regular outlook, not the 360 one, and I realized It would not snyc but I did find some kind of plugin add-on in the past that enabled me to do it but it was more tedious because when you change your email password you have to manually change it on the plugin too or it gives an error.

Synching contacts and calendar entries is the new normal so yes it would be nice if Microsoft added that functionality natively, who knows lets see what the future brings

WJW2
I plan to stick around

Well now it is 2 years later and Microsoft is insisting on me switching from the Windows Calendar client app (associated with the old Window Mail app) to a 'New Outlook' app. But when I select the option within the Window Calendar app to open my calendar in the 'New Outlook' client app, there are major problems. Only my recurring calendar entries are visible. No entries are editable. (My e-mail is there, however.) So far, it will still let me revert back to the Windows Calendar app, which nicely syncs with my iPhone calendar.

I thought that my calendar was associated with my Rogers account, but I am just realizing that it is really an Outlook calendar. When I click on the calendar icon in the Rogers Yahoo web e-mail site, the calendar is empty. When I log on to outlook.live.com, my calendar is there, but not my e-mail. (I normally use a third party e-mail client on my Windows PC, using IMAP.)

All I want is a reliable local Window client app for my calendar, in case the current Windows Calendar app goes away. If I could get this New Outlook app working for the calendar, I might switch to using it for my e-mail too. I tried subscribing to my outlook.live.com calendar ics link, but the app said that I already have it. Strange that it only shows the recurring events.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation