cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiber Extension/Connection Question

alexxxli
I've been here awhile

My farm is connected to two roads, one of which has Rogers Fiber, but the road leading to my house does not. The nearest fiber connection to my house is 500 meters away from the entrance. I called Rogers and they said it would cost at least 40k to connect and they have no plans to do so even I am willing to pay for the connection.

I was wondering if it is possible to get the service on the road with fiber network without having a steet number because it is a farm land and either build a shed to store the modem. Or I install a fiber line from there to my house and let rogers connect it from the pole to my own fiber line and having the modem at home. Any help and suggestion is appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fiber Extension/Connection Question

RogersJermaine

Hi @alexxxli,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post.

We appreciate your interest in getting services at your address. There must be a reason why we can't extend the cable to your property. We can investigate this further for you to provide clarity and also see what other available options we might have.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersJermaine

Hi @alexxxli,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your first post.

We appreciate your interest in getting services at your address. There must be a reason why we can't extend the cable to your property. We can investigate this further for you to provide clarity and also see what other available options we might have.

Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,
RogersJermaine

alexxxli
I've been here awhile

Thank you, I have sent a private message.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation