cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ezviz doorbell camera

Livent
I've been here awhile

Hi, as of last month, has anyone else had trouble with their ezviz doorbell and hitron modem? I can’t seam to reconnect my doorbell camera!

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ezviz doorbell camera

RogersRahul

Hello @Livent,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how important it is to connect the doorbell camera to your home WiFi network. We'd be happy to assist you. 

Have you tried rebooting the modem? How far is the doorbell camera from the modem? Are you using any third-party router or extenders? Is the issue happening on any other device on the network?

We look forward to your response!

RogersRahul

Livent
I've been here awhile
Hi, I currently have the doorbell powered up right next to the modem, everything else is working fine on the network, I have reset the modem and still nothing works.

@Livent my guess is that the 4582 has Band Steering enabled.  Log into the modem and navigate to Wireless .... Advanced .... 2.4 and 5G tabs.  You will probably see that the Band Steering on both tabs is Enabled.  If so, that means that both networks will have the same network name and that the modem will attempt to force any new devices onto the network of the modems choosing.  Most users who run into problems are trying to connect a 2.4 Ghz "only" device to the modem and the modem in turn attempts to force the device onto the 5 Ghz network. Rock meets hard place, so to speak.  

You can turn off Band Steering on both tabs and then rename the 2.4 or 5 Ghz network to another network name in order to completely separate the wifi networks.  When that is done, you should be able to connect any 2.4 Ghz device to the modem and it will stay connected to the 2.4 Ghz network.  

Food for thought, once the device is connected, you could try reenabling Band Steering to see if the device stays connected to the 2.4 Ghz network.  I'm not sure if that will actually work but, it might be worth an experiment.  When you do reenable Band Steering, I believe that the 5 Ghz network is assigned the same network name as the 2.4 Ghz network, but, don't quote me on that one.  If thats the case, you could disable Band Steering, rename the 5 Ghz network to some temporary name, connect the doorbell, then reenable Band Steering which should bring the wifi networks back to their original configuration.  

If you give that a go please post your results.  At the end of the day, you might have to run separate networks, depending on what you find.  

When you log into the modem, can you have a look at the Software (firmware) version that is shown on the STATUS tab.  If it happens to be firmware version 7.2.4.1.4b15, that's a recent update, which might explain the change in behaviour of the wifi networks. 

Mollie7169
I've been here awhile

@Livent wrote: Prepaid Gift Balance

Hi, as of last month, has anyone else had trouble with their ezviz doorbell and hitron modem? I can’t seam to reconnect my doorbell camera!

***Edited Labels***

The product worked great for about 60 days. But then the DB1 worked very inconsistently. Usually my inside mechanical doorbell fails to ring and the video call only rarely comes through to my smartphone. I have tried reinstalling the DB1 several times but the problems persist. This is unacceptable. I have reached out to Ezviz life and will update.

Livent
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply, i have tried disabling the steering band an no luck! 

Not sure if this helps, the error i get on any iphone i try to use to make the connection is that i need to turn on my local network , but when i open up the settings on the app, it is already on!

my modem is: Hitron CGN3ACSMR, harware versioin 1A, software version 4.5.8.45

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation