cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway)

applez1959
I've been here awhile

Is it possible to ‘close’ the SIP ALG on an Arris  xb7 ? If so how is it done ? I have a VOIP problem in the VONAGE device. They asked me to get the SIP ALG disabled.  Thank you !

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disable SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway)

applez1959
I've been here awhile

I DMZd the VOIP device then I disabled the DMZ. The VOIP device started working. That’s all lol

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@applez1959 wrote:

Is it possible to ‘close’ the SIP ALG on an Arris  xb7 ? If so how is it done ? I have a VOIP problem in the VONAGE device. They asked me to get the SIP ALG disabled.  Thank you !

SIP ALG may or may not be the culprit... it could be any of a number of issues with the Ignite Gateway's firewall that break things with your VoIP ATA.  Unfortunately, we don't have any useful logging available to us to help us troubleshoot the problem and even if we did, we do not have the ability to fine tune the firewall's behaviour in any meaningful way.  To get things working, you may need to enable Bridge Mode on the gateway and use a router/firewall of your own that will play nicely with your VoIP ATA.

applez1959
I've been here awhile

Fixed. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@applez1959 would you please elaborate on how it was fixed. This would help others who may encounter the same or similar problem.  Thanks.

applez1959
I've been here awhile

I DMZd the VOIP device then I disabled the DMZ. The VOIP device started working. That’s all lol

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@applez1959 wrote:

That's weird.  I have previously suggested trying to put a VoIP ATA (with an internal firewall) on the DMZ to work around NAT/NAT traversal issues, but I cannot explain why your trick worked.  Do things continue to work after rebooting the Ignite Gateway and VoIP ATA?

applez1959
I've been here awhile

Havent had to restart the gateway or the VOIP device. Not yet anyways. I’ll try to remember this ‘fix’ lol

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation