cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t Connect to Raspberry Pi on Ignite WiFi

bill2009
I plan to stick around

I installed ignite wifi yesterday (Hub model TG4482) and put my eero gateway into bridge mode. I rebooted a raspberry pi and note the ip address is now 10.0.0.74 I can't connect to or ping that address from a windows computer.

Any suggestions?

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can’t Connect to Raspberry Pi on Ignite WiFi

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bill2009 wrote:

I installed ignite wifi yesterday (Hub model TG4482) and put my eero gateway into bridge mode. I rebooted a raspberry pi and note the ip address is now 10.0.0.74 I can't connect to or ping that address from a windows computer.

Any suggestions?

None.  I know that my Technicolor XB6 (running in gateway mode) works fine in a similar configuration with a Linksys Wi-Fi mesh network (in bridge mode) for Wi-Fi access.  I do not have parental controls  or Protected Browsing enabled on the gateway.

What did your network configuration look like before you switched to Ignite Internet and the Arris XB7?  What currently works and what does not?

bill2009
I plan to stick around

prior to ignite i had the legacy rogers cable modem(hitron cgn3?) in bridge mode and the eero's in normal configuration.

Everything seems to work as regards devices getting out to the internet but I can't ping some wifi devices.  

-I can't ping the pi connected on 2.4ghz

-I can ping the pi if i cable it to that same eero and another computer that's cabled to a different eero.

-i can ping my phone

-I can ping a printer that's wifi connected on 2.4ghz.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bill2009  One possibility is that the Ignite gateway may be getting confused by the RPi connecting via multiple MAC addresses.  (I really, REALLY don't like how the Ignite gateway manages its Connected Devices.)

It could get even more confused if you still have Wi-Fi enabled on your Ignite XB7 gateway, with the same credentials as what you have programmed into your eero.  If that was the case, The XB7 could have seen the RPi connecting as an Ethernet device (via the eero) using its Ethernet and Wi-Fi MAC address and as a Wi-Fi device with the RPi's Wi-Fi MAC address, all with the same hostname.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation