cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODA-4582 upload speeds

hoek
I plan to stick around

So I've been "renting" the CODA-4582 modem for a few years now.  It's probably been paid for twice but that's another story... and I see advertised as part of a "special offer" 1.5 Gbps down and 50 Mbps upload speeds.  I assume this newer solution uses a different modem, maybe the CODA-4680? to achieve the latest speeds. 

I'm curious why 50 Mbps upload is available if I switch.  Is this strictly a modem limitation and the 4582 just can't do it?  Or is it that I'm provisioned for 1 Gbps down 30 Mbps up and that won't change unless I "upgrade" to the latest wifi hub offering?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CODA-4582 upload speeds

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoek Rogers Business Internet has offered 1 Gb/s down and 50 Mb/s with the CODA gateway; you just need to be provisioned to allow that.

I think the 1.5 Gigabit offering is to entice more legacy Internet customers to switch to Ignite.  The Ignite XB7 and XB8 gateways also have a 2.5 GigE LAN port, which will enable a fast-enough device to attain data transfers in excess of 1.5 Gb/s.  If you are fortunate enough to be able to get an XB8, that gateway supports Wi-Fi 6E, which provides seven 160 MHz wide, non-overlapping channels on the 6 GHz band, which should allow a Wi-Fi 6E client to also transfer data in excess of 1.5 Gb/s as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: CODA-4582 upload speeds

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoek Rogers Business Internet has offered 1 Gb/s down and 50 Mb/s with the CODA gateway; you just need to be provisioned to allow that.

I think the 1.5 Gigabit offering is to entice more legacy Internet customers to switch to Ignite.  The Ignite XB7 and XB8 gateways also have a 2.5 GigE LAN port, which will enable a fast-enough device to attain data transfers in excess of 1.5 Gb/s.  If you are fortunate enough to be able to get an XB8, that gateway supports Wi-Fi 6E, which provides seven 160 MHz wide, non-overlapping channels on the 6 GHz band, which should allow a Wi-Fi 6E client to also transfer data in excess of 1.5 Gb/s as well.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation