cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

cwong
I plan to stick around

i am trying to use youtube app in ignite tv, but there is problem to display chinese in youtube. i have no problem in displaying chinese if i use the same youtube account in the web browser or the smart tv youtube app. i only have problem using the ignite tv youtube app...

all the chinese characters display in funny fonts...

any solution for this issue...

cheers and thanks...

***Added Labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: ignite TV youtube app cannot display Chinese characters

RogersYasmine

Hello @cwong,

Thanks for your post! We hope you've been keeping safe and well! 🙂

This is certainly a strange one! Does this issue happen with any other app when used via Ignite TV? It does sound like it may be isolated if it's only happening through the Ignite TV platform. 

Have you attempted to reboot your Ignite TV modem to see if this helps? You can do so by selecting the 'A' button on your Voice remote and then select 'Restart'.  Please let us know the results!

If the issue persists, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

cwong
I plan to stick around

Laura,

i do not know this issue with any other app via ignite tv, i do not see there is any chinese related apps or videos...

it only happens in the ignite tv platform ... i tried using the same youtube account in the web browser, smart tv, iphone without the chinese displaying issue...

i tried reboot the system many many times but no help to resolve this issue...

the chinese subtitle on the videos also showing the funny rectangular font...

i tried to change the preference of language in youtube, but it also display some funny characters, but i could guess which are the chinese options, i picked one of the three chinese options but there is no help to resolve this issue...

any solution from the public...

cheers and thanks

Beetle325
I've been around

I have the same issue. I have FireTV and it was works ok. I don't have to make any change to have the Chinese Characters to display and I am using the same Youtube account. So definitely is the YouTube app from Rogers

greydea
I've been around
We have the same problem too. Feb 2021. Any update or fix?

Hey @greydea!

Welcome to the community! 

I would refer you to the post above by Laura here :).

If you're experiencing issues you can reach out to support to have a ticket escalated at your convenience. I hope to see this issue resolved for you soon!

@RogersAndy

Zlion
I've been around

I am experiencing the same issue.

Just got my Ignite TV box and surprise to know yourtube app in the box does not support Chinese.

Matix33
I've been around

Same issue here, Rogers Ignite YouTube third party app support many other small languages but ignore Chinese letter. Looks like they won't fix the problem, will return it to Rogers and stick with my Roku Tv for free.

Is there a solution to this problem?

goose5
I've been around

I contacted support with a similar issue on my SmartStream and was told it's a Youtube issue. 

Apparently the Youtube app on the SmartStream is an app made specifically for Rogers that's separate from the app on smart tvs or browser. I believe Youtube just didn't bother adding Chinese support to the app so all the characters just display as rectangles.

Jasonzxu
I've been around

I have the same issue, I am also using amazon fire tv stick, the stick is better than the Rogers Ignite box. I don’t know why Rogers made this device, it is useless, there are a lot of tv stream stick/box on the market, does Rogers want to help the company makes the Rogers Ignite TV box.

mk456
I've been here awhile

so any solution?

gramyagopi
I've been around

I am facing the same problem with Tamil fonts displayed as X marks. But I didn't face any issue like this in my ROKU App .

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 12 in conversation