cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi6a- Multiple bluetooth headphones connected simultaneously

Dopps
I've been here awhile

Hello

I'm looking to find a way to be able to have both my kids listen to a movie using bluetooth headphones connected to the Xi6a ignite tv box. Problem is I can only get one paired at a time. Is there a way to have multiple headphones connected and listening at the same time? If not any recommendations

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xi6a- Multiple bluetooth headphones connected simultaneously

RogersMoin

Hello, @Dopps.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. You can pair more than one Bluetooth device to your Xi6 Box; however, only one can be connected at a time.

There may be Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver available which can allow pairing and connection of more than one device at a time. Please bear in mind this may introduce audio delay/latency, meaning the video/audio will be out of sync. 

@57 may have more ideas on this subject. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RogersMoin

Hello, @Dopps.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. You can pair more than one Bluetooth device to your Xi6 Box; however, only one can be connected at a time.

There may be Bluetooth Transmitter/Receiver available which can allow pairing and connection of more than one device at a time. Please bear in mind this may introduce audio delay/latency, meaning the video/audio will be out of sync. 

@57 may have more ideas on this subject. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One of the devices discussed in the following thread (or something similar in terms of BT transmitters (not receivers)) may allow you to connect one pair of Headphones to the Rogers box and one to the TV.  Some have switchable receiver/transmitter capabilities. The BT transmitter would need to accept whatever audio signal is coming from the TV - like the optical connection.  However, you'd need to enable that connection and not the TV's internal speakers.

As mentioned by @RogersMoin : there may be audio delay issues.

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/203-home-theatre-corner/288747-add-bluetooth-stereo-receiver.html

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation