cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xi6 power on issuses

Don2023
I'm here a lot

Every time I turn on the Xi6 it does three possibility.

1) Power on and show the last channel.

2) Power on and show screen saver.

3) The worst case is a blue screen on power-on.

In 3th case, I had to unplug the power cord and plug it back in. Or turn off the TV alone and press power on the Xi6 remote, it definely will reduce my TV lifespan.

Previously, I could turn on the HD TV box alone with my LG TV smart remote. But the remote doesn't support Xi6.

What will you do? Can the Xi6 set the power button into sleep mode?

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Xi6 power on issuses

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don2023 wrote:
1. It blue screens more than 50% of the time.
2. Please turn off the . xi6 if there is no HDMI signal for an hour of inactivity.
3. Or updated remote power button from off to sleep, and can be woken the . xi6 up by changing channel.
Your dissatisfied customer

1. A blue screen is almost always an indication of a poor connection between the set top box and the TV.  Are you using the Rogers-supplied HDMI cable?  If so, try reversing the ends which may provide a better connection, or try a different HDMI cable, or try a different HDMI port on the TV, or try a different output setting in the set top box - use say 1080P if it's a 1080P TV instead of "Auto".

2. In the box settings there is an option which allows you to change the amount of time before the box goes to sleep.  The longest option is 5 hours.

3. The box will turn on with any button press (like channel), however, if the TV is off, the TV will only come on if you use the power button.  Or, you can enable HDMI-CEC in the TV and in the box and the TV and box should turn on or off together.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

RogersRahul

Hello @Don2023 

Thanks for reporting this issue to us! We'd be more than happy to help you.

Is the box connected to a power bar? Is it happening on other boxes too? Were any changes made to the TV settings recently?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersRahul

Don2023
I'm here a lot

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, Rogers modems, Xi6 and TV are connected to the power strip and the power strip is always on.

Beginning April 2022, Rogers replaced HDTV boxes with Xi6. Xi6 has this issues since that day. It's been getting very annoying recently.

Same TV but new Xi6.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don2023  The best available solution to this issue to to ensure that you have HDMI-CEC (HDMI device control) enabled on both your TV and set-top box.  (This can be enabled on the Ignite STB by going to Settings / Device Settings / Power Preferences.  You may need to find the corresponding setting for your TV.)  This way, if you turn the TV off, the STB will go into Standby.  Likewise, if put the STB into Standby (e.g. by issuing the "Sleep" voice command or going to Settings / Device Settings / Power Preferences / Sleep Now) the TV will also power off.  When you turn the TV on, the STB should wake from Standby.

Don2023
I'm here a lot
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried it a few months ago and it still randomly shows three possibilities.

Also, the xi6 energy setting on/off didn't fix it either.

To Rogers management team,
. xi6 just got worse. It blue screens more than 50% of the time.
Please turn off the . xi6 if there is no HDMI signal for an hour of inactivity.
Or updated remote power button from off to sleep, and can be woken the . xi6 up by changing channel.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Don2023 wrote:
1. It blue screens more than 50% of the time.
2. Please turn off the . xi6 if there is no HDMI signal for an hour of inactivity.
3. Or updated remote power button from off to sleep, and can be woken the . xi6 up by changing channel.

1. A blue screen is almost always an indication of a poor connection between the set top box and the TV.  Are you using the Rogers-supplied HDMI cable?  If so, try reversing the ends which may provide a better connection, or try a different HDMI cable, or try a different HDMI port on the TV, or try a different output setting in the set top box - use say 1080P if it's a 1080P TV instead of "Auto".

2. In the box settings there is an option which allows you to change the amount of time before the box goes to sleep.  The longest option is 5 hours.

3. The box will turn on with any button press (like channel), however, if the TV is off, the TV will only come on if you use the power button.  Or, you can enable HDMI-CEC in the TV and in the box and the TV and box should turn on or off together.

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around
| 2. In the box settings there is an option which |allows you to change the amount of time before |the box goes to sleep. The longest option is 5 \ |hours.

Strange, there’s only the option to set Power Save to On or Off on mine.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AV_Fan wrote: Strange, there’s only the option to set Power Save to On or Off on mine.

It's under  Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Screensaver.  The box doesn't actually ever turn off, it's either on or in standby. There is very little power difference between "on" or "off" - both requiring about 4 Watts.  It actually tells you how much power is saved in the power save mode, which is next to nothing.

Don2023
I'm here a lot

Thanks, I'll buy a new HDMI cable and try it out.

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around

@57 wrote:

@AV_Fan wrote: Strange, there’s only the option to set Power Save to On or Off on mine.

It's under  Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Screensaver.  The box doesn't actually ever turn off, it's either on or in standby. There is very little power difference between "on" or "off" - both requiring about 4 Watts.  It actually tells you how much power is saved in the power save mode, which is next to nothing.

Maybe I am confused but to me screensaver is just that, it prevents screen burnouts and is independent from sleep/standby. With the screensaver enabled, the Xi6 light remains lit.

Rogers has Power Saver set to OFF by default and currently even if that setting is enabled the device will only go to standby after 4 hrs and users have no way of changing it. Once in standby mode, the Xi6 light will be off.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AV_Fan wrote: Maybe I am confused...

You are not confused, you are correct.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To any of you experiencing this problem, when you turn the TV on and get a blue screen, do you get sound but no picture or a blue screen and no sound either?

Also, what brand of TV do you have and what resolution does it support?

Don2023
I'm here a lot
It works fine since I changed the HDMI cable. Thanks for the solution.
Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 in conversation