cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which TV packages offer International News theme pack?

GF9
I've been here awhile

Figuring out new 2-yr contract, possibly switching to Total, from Flex 20.

Can't figure out if the $5 International News Theme Pack is available with Ignite Total, and glitches in the Rogers system prevented CSR today from accessing a lot of information (she got"technical errors" messages). Trying to pin this down is really difficult, and inconclusive.

Looks like maybe both DW and AlJazeera must be added separately to Ignite Total at $4 each, (total $8)  although the International Theme Pack, if and when an option, has those plus other channels included for a total of $5 for all.

Does anyone know the limitations of when International Theme Pack ($5) is an option, or not an option?

Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Which TV packages offer International News theme pack?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I like the programming on DW and it was not part of Total, even though it was included in Premier - separate cost $4/month.  I pay an extra $1 ($5 for the International News theme pack) and get the very package you are referring to and also record some of CNN International programming.  Screenshot below

ININ

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I like the programming on DW and it was not part of Total, even though it was included in Premier - separate cost $4/month.  I pay an extra $1 ($5 for the International News theme pack) and get the very package you are referring to and also record some of CNN International programming.  Screenshot below

ININ

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can see what channels are available in each Ignite TV package by going to https://www.rogers.com/bundles/offers

The "International News" theme pack includes: BBC News, France 24, CNN International, NHK World-Japan, EuroNews, Al Jazeera English, DW, and CGTN-News.  Of those, I believe BBC News and France 24 are included as part of Popular TV and Total TV but the others either need to be subscribed to individually or by subscribing to International News.  Theme packs are optional add-ons that are available to all Ignite TV customers, and you can subscribe (or unsubscribe) to them at any time.

GF9
I've been here awhile

Wow! -- you replied in less than 10 minutes, 57.

Sounds like a rep I talked to last week who had lined up a tentative package for me, charging $4 each for DW and AlJazeera, hadn't figured the best way to do so (for me, that is).

Will ask the next rep I talk to about the theme pack with Total. Today's rep suggested I call back tomorrow, when the technical glitch(es) preventing her from detailed searching should be fixed.

Thanks for your input.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GF9  You can subscribe to Total TV (or whatever Ignite TV package you decide on) now and then add International News at your convenience through MyRogers.  If you subscribe to International News already, you can continue to receive it after switching to your new Ignite TV bundle.

GF9
I've been here awhile

I think maybe I screwed something up in trying to thank you for your response, 57.

I clicked on an 'Accept as Solution' button thinking I was saying your response was the solution -- which it was.

But I think maybe I clicked by mistake at my own response to your response.

First time in years I've visited this forum so, sorry if I made that mistake.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation