cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ignite WiFi Hub app to install ignite TV

Timber72
I've been here awhile

I have a day scheduled to install ignite tv and internet. I have set up rogers account (not a previous customer). I downloaded the app as I know I need that to complete self install. I can sign into the app but then I get a message that reads “to access ignite wifi you’ll need to upgrade your service”. 

if I can’t get into the app, how am I supposed to set up Ignite? I have tried my iPad and iPhone. 
a few months ago I used the app for my mother on her android and all was fine. 

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Using Ignite WiFi Hub app to install ignite TV

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Timber72 wrote:

I have a day scheduled to install ignite tv and internet. I have set up rogers account (not a previous customer). I downloaded the app as I know I need that to complete self install. I can sign into the app but then I get a message that reads “to access ignite wifi you’ll need to upgrade your service”. 

if I can’t get into the app, how am I supposed to set up Ignite? I have tried my iPad and iPhone. 

Hi and welcome to the Community!

What is the status of your account when you go to https://www.rogers.com and sign into MyRogers?  Do you see your Ignite TV/Internet account number?  What is the status of those services?  How long has it been since you set up your MyRogers account and how long ago did you place the order for your new services with Rogers?

You may not be able to sign into the Ignite WiFi app until you get close to your install date.  Are you able to access your account through your MyRogers mobile app?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Timber72 wrote:

Hi and welcome to the Community!

What is the status of your account when you go to https://www.rogers.com and sign into MyRogers?  Do you see your Ignite TV/Internet account number?  What is the status of those services?  How long has it been since you set up your MyRogers account and how long ago did you place the order for your new services with Rogers?

You may not be able to sign into the Ignite WiFi app until you get close to your install date.  Are you able to access your account through your MyRogers mobile app?

Timber72
I've been here awhile
Thanks....this makes sense. Its a couple of days until my install date and I just ordered the services 2 nights ago. I received the email telling me how to do self install and thought I would get ready, but perhaps its just a bit early. I can access my rogers account online and while I have an account number there is no info about the actual services.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You will need to use that app in order to install Ignite WiFi Pods and to be able to manage WiFi from your Mobile device.  However, you can't really do anything with the Ignite WiFi app until your Ignite Internet account is set up to the point that you have an Ignite modem (MAC address / serial number) assigned to you and activated.

gumshoe99
I plan to stick around

I just received my Ignite modem and wifi terminals. The instructions state that I need to download a wifi app for a cell or tablet to perform the setup. Is there any way to just hook up an ethernet cable and set up the modem the way I did when I was 1st on digital

Yes, but, if you have pods, things become more complicated as that pod installation appears to be designed with the idea that the user has online access or access thru an app.  Straight installation probably won't be an issue, but, you won't have convenient access to options that you would thru the app.  However, that might not be an issue, depending on how you use the modem.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gumshoe99  You should be able to get the XB6 modem up and running with just a web browser.  Connect the coax cable, power it up, connect your computer with an Ethernet cable and point your web browser to http://10.0.0.1

However, I don't know about the Pods.  It used to be that you could only activate them using the mobile app.  I don't know if anything has changed recently or if the mobile app is still required.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gumshoe99  One other thing to keep in mind: as soon as you start using the Ignite WiFi mobile app or the Ignite WiFi Hub web portal, the XB6 will always be managed by the Ignite WiFi hub going forward.  You will lose access to some WiFi configuration settings through the web UI, and apparently you can no longer break the connection to the Ignite WiFi hub anymore once it has been established.  Once Pods are activated on your account, you will lose access to even more WiFi settings.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 in conversation