cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunset channel not working

RyeEncoke
I plan to stick around

So the Sunset Channel, channel 299 in London ON, isn't working.  It has a message on it that says

Please note, Star Chinese Channel and Star Chinese movies are no longer available (broadcaseter decision.)  We apologize for any inconvenience.  For alternate Mandarin programming available, please visit...

Soooo....this is not the Star Chinese Channel, there was never any Mandarin programming on this channel.  It was (still is marked as the sunset channel).  At Christmas it became the christmas music channel but this is supposed to be the sunset channel.

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sunset channel not working

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
The Sunset Channel is still working on Digital Legacy TV (Ch. 299) in Toronto, so I assume you'll get it back soon.

Besides, Japan is known as the Land of the rising Sunset channel, NOT China!

Mur122
I've been around

The sunset channel was working here in Toronto until today. But as the other person said it is NOT the Star Chinese Channel and Star Chinese movies and never has been. So where can we find the sunset channel? It is a channel I watch everyday for most of the day.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
It's still working with Digital Legacy TV, so you can ask Rogers tech support how long this problem will continue?

That silly message you see might be from a Shaw channel that will become Sunset channel on Rogers ch. 299. If not, perhaps tech dept will know the reason that Sunset keeps vanishing for IgniteTV viewers .

Perhaps youtube and other websites will have Sunsets that you can watch while you wait for the channel to reappear on IgniteTV.

Sincerely,
Sunny Day Dreamer.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Somebody just messed up.  I don't track the comings and goings of multicultural channels but on Ignite, the Star Chinese channels would have been somewhere in the 750 - 760 range, and they are no longer active in the Guide.

Anybody who would have been interested in those channels would not be tuning in to channel 299 or 918 to see that message.

Tagging @CommunityHelps 

It wasn't working when I checked on it earlier in the afternoon but it appears to be working now!

If anyone is still experiencing an issue with this channel, please let us know. 🙂

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation