cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular blackouts ( four or five per hour ) when watching tv

DMF1
I'm here a lot

This is a continuing problem when watching tv. This is incredibly annoying especially when watching sports. I thought it may be just our neighbourhood as everyone seems to be having the same problem. Having talked to others it appears this may be a broader issue which Rogers refuses to address. I hate to think this is the low standard Rogers expects us to put up

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Regular blackouts ( four or five per hour ) when watching tv

tupelo
I plan to stick around

Wanted to post an update to my issue, in the hopes it may help some.  My issue appears to have been HDMI related.

I bypassed my Denon AVR and connected the Rogers box directly to my TV with a new HDMI cable.  When I did that, the blackout issue stopped.  This pointed to something in the AVR/TV connection.  Ordered 2 brand new 8K HDMI cables, and replaced the AVR/TV connection this time, instead of the Rogers box.

Have not had a blackout since.  Been a few days now with it stable, so here is hoping.

Thanks for posting that, I have swapped HDMI cables as well but truth is that they were not high-end to begin with- will invest in at least one 8K for the most problematic one, fingers crossed! But I notice that specific STB gets hot as well, not sure if that's potentially indicative of anything or just because I handle it more (regularly needing to unplug/plug it back in again).

tupelo
I plan to stick around

Ya..I swapped out the cables as well, but only between the Rogers connected items - which made sense at the time, since that is the only connected device that had the issue.

But found another post that pointed to the importance of the connection between the TV and Home Theatre system, so figured I would try that.

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 10 in conversation