cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record new programmes in specific timeslot

jpwells
I've been around

How does one record a program marked "New" only in a specific timeslot?

For example, there are several programs per day marked "New" on one of the news channels.  They all have exactly the same title of "XYZ News".

If "New" recordings are selected, then a program is recorded at 12 midnight, another is recorded at 6:00am, one at 12 noon and one at 6:00pm.  That makes four recordings per day.

I only want to watch the one recorded at 6:00 pm each day.  I'm not interested in those aired at 6:00am, 12 noon or 12 midnight.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Record new programmes in specific timeslot

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jpwells : As mentioned by @Biollw unfortunately, this option is not available on IgniteTV.  See the following link for additional details where it is discussed extensively:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Recordings/m-p/512776/highlight/true#M17575

You can pretty quickly set single recordings by finding the programme, hitting the red record button and then hitting FF to get to the next day and repeat. Another option is to set a series recording and delete excess recordings.  Another option is to limit the number of series recordings in the recording options to 1 or 2. In that way, there are not any/many to delete.  This assumes you would watch the recordings at the rate of one per day.

This is partially the fault of the broadcaster since they should be setting the title of the programming differently - for example "News at 6", "News at 11," etc.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Used be able to do that on a digital legacy box but sorry not with ignite tv. I wish.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jpwells : As mentioned by @Biollw unfortunately, this option is not available on IgniteTV.  See the following link for additional details where it is discussed extensively:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Recordings/m-p/512776/highlight/true#M17575

You can pretty quickly set single recordings by finding the programme, hitting the red record button and then hitting FF to get to the next day and repeat. Another option is to set a series recording and delete excess recordings.  Another option is to limit the number of series recordings in the recording options to 1 or 2. In that way, there are not any/many to delete.  This assumes you would watch the recordings at the rate of one per day.

This is partially the fault of the broadcaster since they should be setting the title of the programming differently - for example "News at 6", "News at 11," etc.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation