cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RJ45 usage

hiho
I'm a regular

got the new ignite package and i was wondering if the tv box that we are now using for each tv has an rj45 slot can i connect a computer to that and access the internet while the wireless part is doing the tv?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: RJ45 usage

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hiho wrote:

got the new ignite package and i was wondering if the tv box that we are now using for each tv has an rj45 slot can i connect a computer to that and access the internet while the wireless part is doing the tv?

No, the Ethernet ports on the Ignite set-top boxes can only be used to connect the STB to the network.  They cannot be used to provide network connectivity to other devices.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hiho wrote:

No, the Ethernet ports on the Ignite set-top boxes can only be used to connect the STB to the network.  They cannot be used to provide network connectivity to other devices.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the ignite tv boxes have an ethernet port, yes, but its designed for you to connect back to the modem if u want a more reliable hardwired connection, it is NOT a bridge to plug a computer into, if u want to plug in your computer, you should know that computer should be connected directly to the modem with ethernet, not the tv set top box.  remember, it goes modem to device, so modem to tv box OR modem to computer,  this is how it should be always, not the way you were trying to do.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation