cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised ignite premier channels

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

After connecting the new ignite boxes etc just the other day.....the channel line up has magically changed. 

Before ordering I was given the channel line up for premier bundle for my area which included all the channels that are now somehow extra as a bundle called Prime time pack. Now those channels were there after connection until today, being Monday. One would think the top bundle called premier would include NBC/CBS etc just like I was told before signing up. I have the channel line up e-mail from Rogers saved.

We were legacy digital customers and Rogers was demanding us change as they refused to service their failed rental equipment which we were paying in full as if it worked properly.

Could anyone from Rogers help ? 

***Added Labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Promised ignite premier channels

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

Too add to the above....I have a screen shot of the offered deal for our area on our account showing 98 channels total and 65 flex.

On the account today it shows something different...94 channels total and 63 flex....hmm

Seems like the disappearing channels may account for the difference.......hmmm Again

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

Trying chat now......they are too busy, can't respond or get resolution as stated in the account.

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around

Maybe the agent gave you false info as the following FAQ suggests that those US channels have been part of the Prime Time Theme Pack as of July 7, 2021.

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/ignite-tv-distant-channels 

Seems there’s no way of getting hold of a representative either by phone or internet chat ! Waited on phone over an hour then tried online only to be told to go to support ! Hello ,,,,, how do you think I got here if I didn’t go to support in the beginning! 

@disillusioned23 wrote:

Too add to the above....I have a screen shot of the offered deal for our area on our account showing 98 channels total and 65 flex.

On the account today it shows something different...94 channels total and 63 flex....hmm

Seems like the disappearing channels may account for the difference.......hmmm Again

There are some weird issues going on with MyRogers.  With Premier, you only get 63 Flex Channels.  (or at least I do in my area.)  When you click to see which Flex Channels are included in the Premier promotion, it will list the 63 default Flex Channels along with CityNews East and West (which are not officially listed on the Flex Channel list yet) for a total of 65, and it may show a random (and incorrect) number of available Channels and Flex Channels -- on both your current package and the offered package.  It may also say that you can get six months of Disney+ for free, even if you have already redeemed that promotion as an Ignite TV customer and are not eligible to redeem another Disney+ promotion.

Not a great customer experience but this is due to a system glitch.

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

I got an email which showed as Rogers official stating/listing all the channels on the premier bundle in my area.....all the prime time channels were on there as regular not an extra bundle.....that IMO is not a slight error( someone had to program that ), but when the service comes up with "X" channels that were in the promotion then disappear a few days later is once again IMO  something akin to criminal...let me know what you'all think.

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

I have since paid the 3 bucks for the pack but I am not done with this truley incompetent nonsense.....round and round it goes....I wonder what would happen if we just decided not to pay.

I don't actually believe any of this is a simple error......

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

G wrote.......Not a great customer experience but this is due to a system glitch.

Can you say how you know for sure this is just a system glitch ?

I spent more that 8 hours on the phone getting numerous different opinions from many agents....none of which could access my account to upgrade, chats included.....finally struck upon someone who could access the account ....when the chat was over and I requested a copy of the chat which held all the info...it never came !! Imagine that !!

Company appears to be far too large to manage effectively as evidenced by the many stories told here in this forum alone, many of them appear to be the same things over and over.

We personally have struggled with Rogers billing department ever since we signed up 10 years ago, constant inscrutable cost changes for no reason....the tv service was fine but the day to day management is atrocious and appears to be lacking common sense.

This is only MY opinion gleaned from personal experience over the years. Opinions and comments are what Rogers is asking for each time we leave the forum......so here they are, please take notice.

How is this the customers responsibility to wade thru this to get resolutions. Well we will spend the next year to come up with a better way to get the few channels we really watch...LOL

@disillusioned23 wrote:

Can you say how you know for sure this is just a system glitch ?

I have been an Ignite TV customer for years and every time the Ignite TV product team restructures bundles and removes channels, the stuff that they do as part of their workflow ends up causing some degree of breakage on Rogers.com and on the Ignite TV management section of MyRogers.

Right now, it looks the Ignite TV team is about to migrate their CityNews East and West channels from free previews to actual Flex Channels.

If you go to https://www.rogers.com/internet/ignite-bundle-packages , you will see that Premier has 63 Flex Channels.  The CityNews channels are not included in this list.

Premier-63Flex.png

However, if you click "Check availability", then click "View more details", you will now see that Premier has 65 Flex Channels, and if you click the "65 Flex Channels link" you will see that the CityNews channels are included in the default Flex Channels.

Premier-65Flex.png

Back to MyRogers...

MyRogers also presented me with an offer to upgrade to Premier.  I am already a Premier subscriber, with (currently) 63 Flex Channels.  However, the Offer says that I am subscribed to 69 and was offering to upgrade me to a Premier bundle with 67 Flex Channels.  The information that MyRogers presented me with was clearly bogus and I reported this as a bug to the @CommunityHelps  team.

It is not in Rogers' best interests to deliberately mislead customers. I have also spent my entire career fixing messed up IT organizations.  It is a system glitch... and Rogers' IT, QA and service delivery teams clearly need help.

disillusioned23
I plan to stick around

It is not in Rogers' best interests to deliberately mislead customers. I have also spent my entire career fixing messed up IT organizations.  It is a system glitch... and Rogers' IT, QA and service delivery teams clearly need help.

Ya hit the nail on the head there, that is what I have been saying. But  there is always a but heh, I don't see this as a simple glitch as that term would denote a mistake that has been overlooked.

Someone has to ok changes ( sign off on ) to systems and accounts, there would have been memos and meetings. My guess is the IT people have been told/warned and must be ignoring this. That can be the only explanation as these issues have been ongoing for quite some time near as I can tell. I will attempt to put a screen shot in here....lets see how I do.

Generally there is a bonus plan somewhere at risk.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 5.14.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-25 at 5.14.49 PM.png

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation