cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Flex Channels

akoebel
I've been here awhile

I recently changed my IgniteTV  from Flex 10 to Popular TV. The promotion I had for the former was ending and the Popular TV option seemed the most affordable replacement given the channels we regularly watch. We would be losing a few channels we had added as Flex Channels (such as TCM) but gaining others. I liked the idea of the Flex Channels but it was quite expensive on a per channel basis and obviously Rogers didn't want to continue offering it. 

Strangely, the Rogers representative I talked to on the phone to make the switch said that I would be getting 63 Flex channels in Popular TV. That is definitely not what the Rogers website says, so I was skeptical. However, when I first checked my account features to make sure the changes I asked for were done, the TV page said I had 63 Flex channels out of 100 channels total! 

I left that page in order to check that the other parts of my bundle were still there. When I came back to the TV page, it no longer said I had 63 Flex channels. Which, of course, is correct. Flex channels are not part of any current TV offerings from Rogers. The question is, why did the page say I did have them, at least the first time I accessed it, and why did the representative say I had them too?  Has anyone else experienced something similar? 

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Phantom Flex Channels

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akoebel wrote:  1. Strangely, the Rogers representative I talked to on the phone to make the switch said that I would be getting 63 Flex channels in Popular TV...
2. when I first checked my account ...the TV page said I had 63 Flex channels out of 100 channels total! ... I left that page in order to check that the other parts of my bundle were still there. When I came back to the TV page, it no longer said I had 63 Flex channels. 

1. Perhaps what they meant to say is that the channels that were part of Flex are now included in Popular (or Total).  I can see how a rep might also say that "the (previous) Flex channels are included" which is not as clear.

2. It may take some time, or a screen refresh, for the correct information to show properly on your account, especially if the change was recent.

3. Others have reported similar comments to yours on this forum regarding switching from Flex to Popular or Total.

akoebel
I've been here awhile

@57 wrote:

1. Perhaps what they meant to say is that the channels that were part of Flex are now included in Popular (or Total).  I can see how a rep might also say that "the (previous) Flex channels are included" which is not as clear.

It was quite clear that he actually meant I still had Flex Channels, because he wanted to know if I was aware how to change them. Besides which, not all of the channels that were available to me with Flex are in Popular TV. I already mentioned TCM being missing. Also missing are BBC Earth, Smithsonian Channel, Love Nature, etc. 

2. It may take some time, or a screen refresh, for the correct information to show properly on your account, especially if the change was recent.

The change was quick. But what is a mystery is why it at first showed 63 Flex Channels. My Flex 10 package, like the name says, had only 10 Flex channels. Was there a Flex product with 63 channels? Maybe the Ignite Premier? Even if there was, it still seems like a glitch, a glitch that even the Rogers representative saw on his screen.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akoebel I made the switch from Premier to Total TV back in January.  When the Total TV change went live, for a day or two, MyRogers showed my TV package as having 103 Flex Channels.

I'm not sure what the Rogers rep was looking at when they told you that Popular TV has 63 Flex channels.  It's possible that they were looking at printable channel listings that they have access to, and accidentally selected the old Ignite "Popular" package rather than the new "Popular TV" package.

FYI, after the new (non-flex) Ignite TV packages became available, I requested printable channel listings and I received one for Total TV that indicated that the package had Flex channels.  It also showed some included channels that were never available in my area... so I'm still not sure exactly what I was looking at.  If a Rogers agent is new or "missed the memo" of changes to Rogers' product offerings, it's easy for them to search for and pull up information that is either wrong or out of date and not even realize it.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation