cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR

Hervette
I've been here awhile

Our PVR records shows we don't want and doesn't record the shows we set up. Every day it seems to reset back to the shows we don't want. I'm tired of deleting shows every day 3 times a day

*Added Labels*

3 REPLIES 3

Re: PVR

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hervette : PVRs only do what you tell them to do 😉 .  Would you please clarify exactly which programmes you're having issues with. Then also tell us the "options" that you select when setting the recording.

- Which programme, at which time, on which channel?

- Do you set the recording by selecting it in the guide or from a search done via the voice commands?

- Series or Single Recording?

- HD programme or a specific channel?

- New programme or New and Repeat

- How long to keep the recording

- How many of each recording you wish kept.

The above are all options that you can select when setting up the recording, or when you go to your Scheduled Recordings and select a specific recording to modify, etc.

Any other additional information would be helpful. I assume you're on IgniteTV, not Legacy Digital Cable.

Hervette
I've been here awhile

Nope still not working

- Which programme, at which time, on which channel? Survivor channel 3 set it up 3 times now and it's gone again.  

- Do you set the recording by selecting it in the guide or from a search done via the voice commands? Both

- Series or Single Recording? Series

- HD programme or a specific channel? HD program

- New programme or New and Repeat  New

- How long to keep the recording 1 year

- How many of each recording you wish kept. 1

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK, Survivor is on Wednesdays at 8PM.  When you go into your list of scheduled recordings do you see it shown at that time?  When you go into the Guide and go to 8PM on Wednesday, does it show red dots for the series recording?

Have you tried to set the number to keep at say 3, just for a test?  You can do this by going to your scheduled recordings, selecting the recording and modify the recording and save the changes.  If the recording is scheduled for Wednesday in the list of recordings and the red dot shows in the guide, let us know what happens after 8PM on Wednesday.

If you're around at that time, check to see if it's recording by looking at your recorded list after 8PM.  If it's not recording, go to the guide and click the red record button, that should set it recording for that episode.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation