cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal after relocating cable box

Ed28
I plan to stick around

I moved the box to the another TV. Hooked it up. Rebooted modem and both boxes. The one I just moved shows a black screen. Guide is there but it won’t show the signal. Error message XRE-03090 keeps popping up. Help please!
UPDATE. I’ve tried a system refresh and the other TV is fine. The one I’ve moved is still as before.

*Labels Added*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No signal after relocating cable box

Ed28
I plan to stick around

I have been in contact with Rogers. They are sending a new box.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:

I moved the box to the another TV. Hooked it up. Rebooted modem and both boxes. The one I just moved shows a black screen. Guide is there but it won’t show the signal. Error message XRE-03090 keeps popping up. Help please!

XRE-03090 (as far as I know) is just a generic error that occurs when the set-top box either cannot communicate with the back-end systems or cannot initiate a network stream when it tries to tune into a channel or play on-demand content.

All that I can suggest is that you try rebooting your set-top box.

Also, check the WiFi signal strength by going to Settings / Device Settings / Network.  It should say that the signal strength is either "good" or "excellent".  If your signal strength is "weak", the Ignite STB may have some network connectivity but may not have enough available bandwidth to establish an HD network stream.

Do you have any problems using any other set-top box?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28  One other thing: do you have Ignite Pods installed?  If so, try performing a speed test using a mobile device, in the area next to your problematic set-top box.  (Disconnect from WiFi first, then re-connect just to make sure that you are connected to the closest Pod.)  You might be in a situation where your mobile device and set-top box have good connectivity to a Pod.  However, if that Pod does not have a good upstream connection to your Ignite gateway, you will see poor results on your speed tests and your WiFi-connected devices will experience connectivity issues.

Ed28
I plan to stick around
The signal strength reports excellent. Second box is on with no trouble.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:
The signal strength reports excellent. Second box is on with no trouble.

I can understand why you may be hesitant to do this but I would try switching the set-top boxes between TVs.  If the problem follows the box, you may have a defective set-top box.  If the problem stays in that location, you will need to do additional troubleshooting to find out why that is the case.  If you have Pods, it could be a problem with the nearest Pod or the quality of its connection to the Ignite modem.  It could also be a power quality-related problem; perhaps a bad power par.

Ed28
I plan to stick around
Well there is a pod directly beside the new location and the box was working this morning. Funny how I can get the guide and everything else but the program. I’ll put the box back.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:
Well there is a pod directly beside the new location and the box was working this morning. Funny how I can get the guide and everything else but the program. I’ll put the box back.

What happens if you unplug that Pod?  The set-top box, in that location, will have just as good a connection to WiFi as that Pod will.  If you unplug that Pod and the set-top box has poor WiFi connectivity, then you need to relocate that Pod.  Pods are useless unless they too have a good, strong, solid connection back to the Ignite modem.

Ed28
I plan to stick around
Well I just plugged it back in and surprise. It’s not working. I will try to get through to a Regers tech to find out what’s next.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:
Well I just plugged it back in and surprise. It’s not working. I will try to get through to a Regers tech to find out what’s next.

You can also try reconnecting your set-top box to WiFi.  This should not be necessary but might fully reset its network connection.

One way to do this is to press and hold the Exit button on your remote for 3 seconds, then key in: "Down Down 9 4 3 4" (9434 spells WIFI)

That should take you to a screen that says, "Let's connect to your WiFi network".  From there, you can either select the WiFi network that you wish to connect to or you can connect your set-top box to WiFi using WPS.

You can also press the WPS button on the bottom/front of your set-top box, then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing.

Ed28
I plan to stick around
Unplugged the pod and reset the wifi both ways. Still the same.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28  Sorry to hear that.  I can't think of anything else to try other than directly connecting the set-top box to the Ignite modem using an Ethernet cable, if that's even an option for you.  At this point, I would call into Rogers Tech Support and have them troubleshoot the problem from their end.

Good luck, and I hope that you are able to get this fixed soon.  Please let us know how things go, especially if they give you some other helpful troubleshooting tips.

Ed28
I plan to stick around
Thanks for your suggestions. I have been trying to reach Rogers all afternoon thru chat and phone. Guess no TV until this gets corrected

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Ed28 wrote:
Thanks for your suggestions. I have been trying to reach Rogers all afternoon thru chat and phone. Guess no TV until this gets corrected

No problem.

You also have another great support option: Send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps .   The Community support team can also run the same diagnostic and connectivity tests as the other tech support teams, and they can also arrange for a replacement set-top box to get sent out if yours turns out to be defective.

Vsts
I'm here a lot
Using the “A” button on Rogers remote, choose System Refresh - will take about 15 minutes. When it completes, try to Channel up/ down. If the issue is still there, reboot modem - keep it unplugged for complete minute, do not reboot STB - just the modem.

Ed28
I plan to stick around

I have been in contact with Rogers. They are sending a new box.

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 in conversation