cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Games on Super Sports pack

phil57
I plan to stick around

I recently subbed to supersports pack. Find alot of my teams games are not even on . Out of 5 games have missed 2. I also sub to tsn and sportsnet. Like todays game not on anyplace. What is the point of subscribing to MLB extra innings if you don't get your game. Pathetic. I will cancel this as soon as i can.

**Labels Added**

70 REPLIES 70

Re: Missing Games on Super Sports pack

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
I kept checking the ipg guide and noticed that after adding all of Sunday's games to the schedule, Rogers finally added the previously missing Twins vs Cardinals game (FS1 game) for Sat July 31 (7pm), but only in Standard Def (for digital legacy viewers), yet the other 3 Standard Definition games that were there before, all have HD versions.
Computers are only as good as their programmers. Perhaps it's time to hire a new programmer. Pretty please.

mebe
Both of today's 1pm baseball games were turned on late (20 and 22 minutes late), and we're thus joined in progress during the top of the first inning after 2 outs.
Luckily, at least one of the games was also being aired by the MLB Network, so it's further proof that the same broadcaster Rogers uses was providing the game.
When a LATE activation problem like this happens almost every week, it's time to make changes and hire somebody to actually watch these channels, instead of waiting for subscribers to call in to complain.
Sincerely,
Ticked off in Toronto

mebe
Deja Vu again for today. Both of today's 1pm games were turned on late at 1:13 pm. What's worse is that one of the 1pm games was a rescheduled game from yesterday with an actual start time of Noon. And even though there was a different Noon game that the Rogers computer successfully activated about 10 minutes Before the Noon start time, it still failed to turn on the other two games mentioned above. It's as if the Rogers computer goes on a late lunch break and doesn't return to duty until after 1pm.
The Washington vs Philadelphia originally scheduled game listed by Rogers as a 1pm start, but actually was Game 1 of a double header starting at Noon, was joined in progress at the bottom of the 4th inning (0outs) after 53 pitches had been thrown by the Washington pitcher.
The Yankee 1 pm game was joined in progress at the top of the first (1 out) after 7 pitches were already thrown.
All this from a company that actually owns a baseball team. Go, Jays, go!

mebe
Another MISSING game: Wed August 4, 2021 @ 8pm Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals is missing from the Super sports pack schedule, and is not being shown by TSN or Rogers Sportsnet.
Both American regional baseball channels and espn are airing this game in the USA, so it's not an ESPN exclusive that TSN has to air (Extra Note: Thursdays game between the same teams has the same TV broadcaster situation, but that game is listed for the super sports pack, so perhaps TSN was originally going to air the Wed game, but then decided not to).
Super Silly Sportspak Strikeout

mebe
Yet another Rogers failure. The 7pm game between the Seattle Mariners and Tampa Bay has not yet been activated. It's currently 7:58pm as I write this, and the game is in the 3rd inning.
I called Rogers and the only guess they had was that the game is blacked out in my area (Toronto), but since we don't have blackouts with this package, I assume that Rogers perhaps is incorrectly trying to get the signal from a blacked out area in the USA. Or perhaps this is just further proof that we need a special hotline to the person that has the power to fix these errors.
Boo!

mebe
Deja no view... Today's 8pm game between Kansas City and Chicago White Sox also hasn't been activated yet as of 8:24pm, and game is currently in first inning.
Rogers must be having problems with the US mlb extra innings service today, and how much more proof does Rogers need that trusting its computer to turn on the signals is silly. They need a human being to check each game and then put up a message that they are having technical difficulties if that's the case.
Awful service and a silly way to run such an expensive package with a 4 month minimum term.
Strike Out!

mebe
Finally! Both of today's games I mentioned above were finally activated by at least 9:30pm. I had to leave at 9:05pm, but when I returned at 9:30pm the games were finally activated by Rogers (so sometime between about 9:05pm and 9:30pm).
Better late than never, but it's still an awful service run by a terrible computer I'm going to assume has been hacked by the Russians.
Hey, Rogers computer, how about a nice game of tic-tac-toe? Betcha I can beat you every time.

mebe

As I mentioned a few days ago, today's game between Atlanta vs St. Louis was missed by Rogers , and is not being aired on any of the unused sportspak channels. My guess is that TSN was originally going to show that game, but decided not to. On TSN5, they are airing ATP Tennis (even though a duplicate TSN4 mls soccer game is listed in the IPG guide).

mebe

Once again, Rogers failed to activate today's 8pm Kansas City vs Chicago White Sox, just like yesterday.
The game is currently in the top of the second inning and it's currently 8:35pm.
I'm going to leave my home and go stream those 2 games Rogers isn't showing right now from a more reliable source that's free.
I'm paying for something Rogers doesn't know how to deliver.
The incompetence never ends.

mebe
As I also have briefly touched on in this thread, even when Rogers activated a game in time, many of the Bally Sports broadcasts have technical issues with sending their signals to Rogers, so you will see many black screens with or without audio, digital breakup, etc., that sometimes clear up 20 minutes (or longer) later, but it's definitely not a frequency issue on my end, since at times Rogers will completely lose the game signal and you will see the Rogers barker channel with the mlb extra innings schedule and the fan 590 radio audio in the background, until about 5 seconds later when Rogers reconnects to the game. This disconnect, reconnect issue can occur several times during a Bally Sports game.
If you want to see an example of frequent black screens with or without audio, you can currently watch today's 2pm Angel's vs Texas game (currently in 4rth inning) being broadcast by Bally Sports Southwest. For the last few days and in previous weeks, Rogers can't seem to get a clean feed from them.
I consider this a missed game due to the many black screens and interruptions within the game, all because Rogers staff let a computer run this Supersports theme pack on auto-pilot.
Even if the many black screens (also during the commercials) eventually stop or are infrequent after let's say the 5th inning or so, I still might need to go online and watch the game online from another source that will also let me back up to earlier parts of the game that the Rogers black screens with or without audio, ruined for me.
This lack of quality control by Rogers brings a whole new meaning to the term blackout, and is why this is perhaps the worst theme package Rogers offers, even though I still get hours if enjoyment from it .

mebe

Wow, it appears that this is the ONLY way to communicate with the Rogers computer because Rogers just switched (during the 5th inning) from the black-screen riddled Bally Sports Southwest feed to the always clean Bally Sports West feed (visitor broadcast of Angels team).
If I'm not watching these games live, I might come back and see my Pvr recordings riddled with black screens, but at least they can read this thread.
Oh-oh, I just saw Rogers lose the game signal as it went back to the Rogers barker channel for a few seconds, but it seems okay now.
Anyway, if any of you have a problem with technical difficulties during live games, feel free to add your voice to this shame-on-them thread if you want positive changes made to this theme pack service.
Hopefully, they will be able to maintain this Bally Sports West feed with only the odd black screen or loss of signal occuring during the rest of the game.

mebe

Okay, Rogers just (top of 6th) switched back to Bally Sports Southwest (home Texas broadcast) feed for the game mentioned above, and it seems to be fine so far (knock on wood). At least Rogers was willing to try to improve that broadcaster signal from Bally Sports Southwest and hopefully the next time Rogers uses it, there won't be frequent black screens of pain.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

mebe
First of all, thanks to Rogers for fixing the Bally Sports Southwest feed after I posted about the constant problems you often have with it (and some other Bally Stations that work one day and then fail the next).
Now on to a precautionary warning about tonight's 8pm game between Kansas City and the Chicago White Sox. I have no idea whether or not that game will be suspended or rained out, so I'm just going to assume that it will be played as scheduled, and the only reason the signal hasn't been turned on early by Rogers (like all of the other 7pm and 8pm games) is because Rogers is once again going to be getting this game from the US MLB extra innings hub that covers home broadcasts from NBC Sports Chicago, California or Bay Area. Games from this other source will show a red-coloured US schedule barker page and will only activate the game shortly before it begins and shut it off when the game ends (commercials will also often be replaced by a "commercial break" type card).
If Rogers has trouble activating the game from the US alternate hub, they instead switch to the visitor feed from Bally Sports or whatever.
If the game hasn't been activated before 8:05pm, just switch to the visitor feed if one is available (while you try to get the NBC Sports Chicago home feed), if you haven't already done that in advance.
Thanks for reading.

mebe
Okay, great. I see the red-coloured schedule and it has the correct first pitch time of 8:10 pm listed for that game they call game 12.
Thus, this game will finally be activated by about 8pm or at least before the first pitch time of 8:10pm. The only thing that could go wrong (but I've only seen this happen once since July,so it should be fine), is if that US hub turns on a different game by accident, and then takes up to 20 minutes to notice.
Fingers crossed that Rogers has a perfect record today for turning on all the games as scheduled.

mebe
Congrats, you threw a perfect game for activating today's games on time (at least when I checked them close to start times) .
Standing Ovation.

mebe
I like that Rogers seems to be taking the early activations of the games more seriously now, and will even activate the signals sometimes even 90 minutes early (when possible). Not only does this provide more content, it also gives subscribers and Rogers itself more time to notice if a Bally Sports channel (like the Wisconsin or Southwest feeds often do) is perhaps having a bad day with too many black screens, or other issues. It's a noticeable improvement that calms my inner soul.

mebe
Attention Rogers command base ... Bally Sports Texas is having some black screen issues again (ch446-Texas vs Oakland) and the feed often has no audio at all, unless I pause the live broadcast briefly or watch a recording of it. The game doesn't start until a bit after 9:30pm, but once you fix the black screens, the audio should also return without having to briefly pause the semi-live feed (all PVR viewing is obviously slightly delayed behind live broadcast) .

mebe
Okay, there is now audio, and I've only seen one brief black screen on (446) Bally Sports Texas (Southwest), so I assume Rogers gave it a nice kickstart, and hopefully it will stay clear for the rest of the game (even though I could always flip to the different Stand Def feed of the game if the HD feed dies, and the game gets more interesting towards the end).
Thanks for the quick fix.

mebe
Attention Rogers Command Base... New problem: Ch 437 Bally Sports Atlanta (South or whatever) (Wash vs Atlanta) is having frequent black screen issues and needs a kickstart.

mebe
Okay, I assume Rogers gave that 437 Atlanta feed a nice kickstart because it seems fine now, but there's still one more evil Bally Station to fix which I will post about in 30 seconds.
Thanks for reading.

mebe
Since I've had the Sportspack in early July, the two previous Bally Sports channels (Texas and Atlanta) that you fixed were often problematic. The last one that WAS also having black screen issues today and in the past is Bally Sports Wisconsin on ch 439 (SF vs Milwaukee). However, it now seems to be fine, perhaps because Bally just fixed it, or you noticed it and fixed it yourself.
So I guess we are in fact all done. Thanks for the fixes.
Topic Stats
  • 70 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation