cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with tv resolution / Display settings

Aj5359
I plan to stick around
Hey folks. Need some help. I have a Sony xbr connected to a denon receiver. Cable is now via Ignite. Whenever I turn the tv on the resolution on the the guide is super magnified and nothing can be done on the remote to scroll or select a channel. Only way to fix is restart the cable box. Switch off the tv and come back next day and the problem returns. Have to restart the box again.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issue with tv resolution / Display settings

Aj5359
I plan to stick around

Switched off the video conversion under settings and looks like it did the trick.  You're a genius - I would never have figured this out.  Much appreciated.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

How is the display resolution set in the Xi6 settings?  If on auto set it to a fixed max resolution that your tv can handle.

Which denon avr do you have?

See what that does for your problem. 

Aj5359
I plan to stick around
If I go to device settings - video display, there is no setting for auto, I just see a choice of 3 different output resolutions.

It's a Denon AVR 1913

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. Choose a setting like 1080i which any HDTV will accept.

2. Try connecting directly to the TV to make sure that works.

3. If that works, then there's something about the Denon - perhaps it's set to upconvert signals when it should simply let them pass?

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

It's seems like the Xi6 is detecting the wrong resolution from the AVR. Do not up convert. The 1913 is only capable of 1080p.

As said try direct connect to the TV first and see what happens.

When I got Ignite tv I had a Denon 530 AVR but decided to upgrade to a Denon S730, 4k AVR,  and have set resolution in the Xi6 to 2160p.

Aj5359
I plan to stick around

Switched off the video conversion under settings and looks like it did the trick.  You're a genius - I would never have figured this out.  Much appreciated.  

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Great ! Glad it worked. 

That's what we are here for. Anytime.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 in conversation