cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV packages and channels comparison for plan choice

JJRRN
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

We're not watching a lot of TV these days due to Netflix, Prime Video, etc. Currently we have the Flex 20 + Sports.

It's really difficult to get a clear all in one view, of what channels would be available if I went up or down (most likely) a package level. I've seen some third-party websites but they don't show what I would have here in Ottawa (Orleans).

Does anyone have a resource that they can share so I can accurately compare the Ignite TV packages?

Thanks!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV packages and channels comparison for plan choice

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First, log out of the Rogers web sites and then go to either https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels or  https://www.rogers.com/bundles/offers and click on the Channels tab.

You will be prompted to enter your address and you can then shop the Rogers web site as a new customer.  These pages will show the bundles that are available at your address and all of the channels and Flex channels that are available in each bundle.

The next upgrade from Flex 20 + Sports is Premier, which basically adds an additional 40 Flex channels.  You get a wider choice of Flex Channels, which also includes all of the Hollywood Suite channels.

If you watch all of the channels in Stack TV and just need a few extra Flex Channels, that may be the upgrade to try first.  You will also get some additional On-demand content that is only available with Stack TV.

Below Flex 20 + Sports is Starter, which just includes the basic channels, no sports... and Flex 5 and Flex 10 are basically just Starter plus either 5 or 10 Flex channels.

Before making any change, even changing your Internet speed, keep in mind that Flex 20 Plus Sports is no longer available.  Its replacement is Flex 20 Including Sports, where Rogers removed 8 Flex Channels.

Another way to compare packages is to send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to send you a comparative channel listing.  Tell them which packages you are interested in and they will send you a PDF file with the channels shown side-by-side.  They can also send you a channel listing that shows all channels that are included in any single package.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First, log out of the Rogers web sites and then go to either https://www.rogers.com/bundles/channels or  https://www.rogers.com/bundles/offers and click on the Channels tab.

You will be prompted to enter your address and you can then shop the Rogers web site as a new customer.  These pages will show the bundles that are available at your address and all of the channels and Flex channels that are available in each bundle.

The next upgrade from Flex 20 + Sports is Premier, which basically adds an additional 40 Flex channels.  You get a wider choice of Flex Channels, which also includes all of the Hollywood Suite channels.

If you watch all of the channels in Stack TV and just need a few extra Flex Channels, that may be the upgrade to try first.  You will also get some additional On-demand content that is only available with Stack TV.

Below Flex 20 + Sports is Starter, which just includes the basic channels, no sports... and Flex 5 and Flex 10 are basically just Starter plus either 5 or 10 Flex channels.

Before making any change, even changing your Internet speed, keep in mind that Flex 20 Plus Sports is no longer available.  Its replacement is Flex 20 Including Sports, where Rogers removed 8 Flex Channels.

Another way to compare packages is to send a private message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them to send you a comparative channel listing.  Tell them which packages you are interested in and they will send you a PDF file with the channels shown side-by-side.  They can also send you a channel listing that shows all channels that are included in any single package.

JJRRN
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the fulsome response. Very unlikely to switch up, but knowing my curent package is no longer available, maybe I'll keep it. Maybe that's why everytime I login I'm offered the Premiere plan at a discount. ;D

Laurajane09
I plan to stick around
What your current package like I just got ignite 20 flex and sport package

LDArcher
I've been around

Can you please tell me where I can find a list of what channels are included in which packages?

What channels are included with Premier?

What channels are included with Premier Specialty Pack?

Re: Packages, Bundles, Prices, and Inclusive Channels

Good afternoon @LDArcher,

Welcome to the Community!

Please check out -G-'s Accepted Solution post to learn how to check for channel line ups and package details.

RogersZia

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@LDArcher wrote:

Can you please tell me where I can find a list of what channels are included in which packages?

What channels are included with Premier?

What channels are included with Premier Specialty Pack?

As far as I know, the Premier Specialty Pack is specific to legacy Rogers Digital TV and together, they make up the Premier package.  I'm also pretty sure that while Premier and Premier Specialty Pack may appear as separate line items on your bill, they cannot be separated; I don't think that the Specialty Pack can be removed to lower your monthly bill.

I don't know whether Digital TV customers can view their channel line-ups on MyRogers.  However, if you send a private message to @CommunityHelps they can send you a PDF listing of the Digital TV Premier channel lineup.  They can also provide you with a comparative listing that shows the Digital TV and Ignite TV Premier packages (or any two channel line-ups of your choosing) side-by-side if that is something that you might be considering.

Cookieman51
I've been around

I have a Rogers VIP package that gives me a lot of channels. The Flex 20 + Sports channels and the Premier do not have the American channels such as CBS, ABC, NBC, WUTV (29) and they don’t have time shift. Premier has lot of extra channels I don’t want French, Teletoon etc. What combinations are available. I am also confused about flex and flex included 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cookieman51 1. The US channels PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox are available as the "Prime Time Pack" and cost $3/mo.

2. I'm sure something similar holds true for the Timeshift package. Look for it in the package that you're interested in.

3. Flex Included are the channels that come with your package of choice. (say the 20 initial channels in Flex 20).  The Flex channels are the ones that you can swap these initial set of channels out for on a one for one basis.

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation