cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV doesn't load with Safari 15 browser

imbimmer
I'm here a lot

Hi, guys,

I just update Safari browser to version 15.0 today on my Mac and ignite TV stopped loading. It only shows "now connecting to your entertainment experience". I have gone through all the browser menu items and none of the settings made it work. 

Can some one advise?

Thanks a lot!

Simon

*Edited Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV doesn't load with Safari 15 browser

imbimmer
I'm here a lot

Thanks, I can confirm that with upgrade to OS X Monterey and Safari 15.1 it is working again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imbimmer wrote:

I just update Safari browser to version 15.0 today on my Mac and ignite TV stopped loading. It only shows "now connecting to your entertainment experience". I have gone through all the browser menu items and none of the settings made it work. 

Can some one advise?

Sorry, I don't have access to a Mac at the moment so I can't investigate what broke or look at errors with Safari's developer tools.  However, you are not the only one seeing this.  The same problem has also been reported by a Comcast customer in the Xfinity Forum: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-website/problems-with-my-streaming-services/...

Hopefully, Comcast will roll out a fix.  However, I would also report this to Rogers and have them open a support ticket with Comcast as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In the meantime, use a different browser.  I always have 3 browsers available to me, with at least one with the default settings (no extensions, etc).  That way one of them will typically work.

If you search the web there are a huge number of problem reports with the latest Apple iOS15, etc.

I always wait a few days before downloading the latest software since there are almost always issues in the early days.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@imbimmer  FYI, a Comcast user reported that Safari 15.1(beta) works.

imbimmer
I'm here a lot

Thanks, I can confirm that with upgrade to OS X Monterey and Safari 15.1 it is working again.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation