cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite TV - How to stop and save a currently taping show?

hjjjjj1
I've been here awhile

I’m taping a show (Olympics) but want to stop it & save what’s been taped so far. Only option I can find is to stop taping and cancel/delete!
Not liking the features on Ignite TV.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite TV - How to stop and save a currently taping show?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hjjjjj1 wrote:

I’m taping a show (Olympics) but want to stop it & save what’s been taped so far. Only option I can find is to stop taping and cancel/delete!

It is possible to stop and save a recording by "simply" cancelling a recording that is in progress, but the process is VERY unintuitive.  You do this as follows:

• Go into Saved / Recordings and select the show that is being recorded.
  • In the next step, do not select Delete; select Record Options
  • From the choices of Modify and Cancel, select Cancel.  (This is WEIRD because you are not cancelling this dialog; you will be Cancelling the recording.)
  • From the choices of Cancel Recording and Keep Recording, select Cancel Recording.  (This is also weird.  If you select Keep Recording, it will cancel the cancellation and keep (continue) recording the show.  When you select Cancel Recording, it will stop and save (keep) the recording.

Your partially-recorded program will now appear in Saved / Recordings.

What can I say.  This is just an example of REALLY bad UI design.  If anybody knows a better, simpler, easier way to Stop and Save a recording, I would love to hear it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hjjjjj1 wrote:

It is possible to stop and save a recording by "simply" cancelling a recording that is in progress, but the process is VERY unintuitive.  You do this as follows:

• Go into Saved / Recordings and select the show that is being recorded.
  • In the next step, do not select Delete; select Record Options
  • From the choices of Modify and Cancel, select Cancel.  (This is WEIRD because you are not cancelling this dialog; you will be Cancelling the recording.)
  • From the choices of Cancel Recording and Keep Recording, select Cancel Recording.  (This is also weird.  If you select Keep Recording, it will cancel the cancellation and keep (continue) recording the show.  When you select Cancel Recording, it will stop and save (keep) the recording.

Your partially-recorded program will now appear in Saved / Recordings.

What can I say.  This is just an example of REALLY bad UI design.  If anybody knows a better, simpler, easier way to Stop and Save a recording, I would love to hear it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just migrated to IgniteTV and have been reading through these threads that may be of interest.  I have found a more intuitive way to solve the OP's issue.

The steps are:  

- Exit to your list of recordings, or go to that list in whatever manner you like.

- Select and Delete the recording in question.

- Go to Deleted Recordings.  Recover the recording and you're all set.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I read the original post, I thought that @hjjjjj1  was already using the "delete and recover" method and was looking for another (simpler?) way to stop-and-save a recording.

Also, after you have been an Ignite TV customer for quite a while and have a few hundred recordings saved, you will need to scroll through ALL of them to get to Deleted Recordings and this can be tedious... so it's nice to know that you can still stop-and-save a recording in a single (albeit convoluted) step.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 3 in conversation