cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Guide Display Options?

GRDU
I've been here awhile

From what I have read, I am sure the response to this question will be "suck it up, buttercup" so this is probably more of a rant than a question.  Is there any way to change the display options on the Guide?   I am not talking about increasing the font using the accessibility options or the colour.  My issue is I want to see more channels displayed on the screen.  I do not need that display window at the bottom taking up 1/3 of the screen giving me (useless) details about a show.  Any way of  removing that  so more channels are displayed?   Also, with the old Guide you were able to continue to watch the current channel while viewing the Guide, that is no longer possible which is  really annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite Guide Display Options?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GRDU wrote:

1. I want to see more channels displayed on the screen. 

2. Also, with the old Guide you were able to continue to watch the current channel while viewing the Guide, 

1. Many of us would like that. Unfortunately, it's not an option.

2. Again, not possible.

Some of these items are probably business decisions in that ads help to pay for the service, but some may be a technical limitation.  For example, the SA8300HD had an SD guide and it could display things differently from when the Guide became HD with the 9865.  It is possible to change transparency, but the channel is not very visible even with the most transparency possible.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GRDU wrote:

1. I want to see more channels displayed on the screen. 

2. Also, with the old Guide you were able to continue to watch the current channel while viewing the Guide, 

1. Many of us would like that. Unfortunately, it's not an option.

2. Again, not possible.

Some of these items are probably business decisions in that ads help to pay for the service, but some may be a technical limitation.  For example, the SA8300HD had an SD guide and it could display things differently from when the Guide became HD with the 9865.  It is possible to change transparency, but the channel is not very visible even with the most transparency possible.

AM156
I've been around
If you press the right arrow on the remote, the guide will come up on the side and you can continue to watch TV!
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation