cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having trouble with Ignite not recording my F1 racing on TSN.

mikedtcable
I've been around

My Ignite does not always record the Formula 1 shows on TSN. I have given up on the record all shows option and make sure that I click on the shows in the upcoming guide.

Today it did not record the race, which I assume is because the race is also shown on demand. When I clicked the on demand after the race had started took me to the live feed instead of showing it from the beginning. I shut it off since it was showing me the results of the race and waited until after the live feed had ended. Now the show is gone from the on demand. I can see the F1 show from the previous day ( Sat ) but nothing else?

On of the main reasons that I have cable is to be able to watch the F1 racing and it is very frustrating to have the pre race show and the after the race show but not the main event!

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I'm having trouble with Ignite not recording my F1 racing on TSN.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

One of the Resident Experts here (57), often discusses F1 programming oddities, but for the moment, if you can't access the race through the tv or app, or TSN site, set your PVR for the Tsn2 rebroadcast, scheduled for 11:30 pm tonight (hopefully it will start and end as scheduled if you are not there to check your recording. 🏁

Edit: I'm not saying that the F1 race is available now via some Ignite situation (I have no idea if it ever is , as I only have digital legacy), but I just mentioned the app, etc., In case it is up somewhere in Ignite world).

EDIT 2: It could also be that you might still be able to see or access your actual F1 race recording if it worked and it's just temp hidden from your view), using the ignite app or browser to access your recordings, if you only checked your tv recordings, or might need to sync things up somehow, but again, 57 is much better at dealing with stuff like this. 💻

mebe
TSN2 is currently rebroadcasting the race right now as scheduled (11:30pm).

I forgot to mention that I also set my PVR (dig legacy) to record just the race 2:55pm start (according to the guide), but since I was home around that time I checked my recording around 3:10 pm and noticed that the race had not started yet. Instead, I think they were talking to some people on the grid, so I thought there was some kind of weather delay (looked clear to me), or the guide once again had the wrong start time. I just checked back later and once I noticed the race had started, instead of recording the rest of the race, I just periodically tuned in to watch parts of it live until I got bored and watched something else.
Perhaps the Ignite guide updated itself to reflect the new start time (if my memory of the delayed start time is correct), and thus the listing changed, so the race recording you set didn't work. 🚗🚐🚚🚕

dougjp
I plan to stick around

Only an educated guess, but Mexico had a time change this weekend, while ours is yet to happen. I also tuned in just before 3 PM expecting the race to start shortly, instead I got the start of the hour long preview show. If memory serves, the guide all the way through the week had the race starting at 3 PM our time. I remember because qualifying on Saturday started at 4 PM our time, and often qualifying at other events starts an hour later than the race the following day. So....taping wouldn't happen as the show wasn't when it was supposed to be.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have the following comments regarding F1 Mexico this past weekend.

1. All of my 6 scheduled series recordings recorded properly.  Practice, Pre-Quali, Quali, Pre-Race, Race, Post-Race.

2. All of them started at the appropriate time, including the race, which started at 3:54 PM (Just re-checked).

3. The only minor anomaly was that Quali was labelled as Practice 3, but it recorded fine because the Programme Title was "correct", with only the modifier label (the part after the colon) mislabelled.

4. I always compare the times to the F1 Website times (link at the bottom of the website which can be set for local or your time).   

https://www.formula1.com/en.html

5. I always look at my scheduled recordings each day to see if the upcoming events make sense. I do it the night before if the race is early and I do it the morning of the race if the race is later in the day, like USA and Mexico.

6. I have outlined previous issues with F1 and other events in the following thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/IgniteTV-Guide-amp-Recording-Issues/m-p/491328#M1378...

There are numerous comments in that thread regarding previous F1 issues, as well as other programming issues.

It's usually best to set series recordings for F1 because there are often last-minute changes made by TSN. A series recording will usually shift the time appropriately, whereas a single recording will not.  I only set a single recording if I notice that the series recording is missing when I check my scheduled recordings on the day before, or the day of, the race/programme.

Sometimes TSN has a "tape delay" of the race later in the day.  Set a single recording for that programme if available.  And don't forget to extend the time of your live recordings because they can often run long.  You can also set a recording for whatever programme airs after the one you wish to record.

mebe

The Mexico time change makes sense to me. I set a single recording, so even if the time change was later reflected within my guide (I don't think it changed though ... Perhaps the box needed a reboot, although that's generally not necessary, unless perhaps I didn't notice early-morning Rogers reboots, that fixed previous F1 errors), my PVR would have still most likely started to record the channel at 2:54pm.
I recall that recently that when 57 noticed that a start time for a F1 race was incorrectly showing on the Ignite guide an hour later or earlier than it should be. It was also wrong on my dig legacy guide, however, when 57 later noticed that the Ignite guide had corrected the start time listing, but my guide still had the wrong time (a different source is used, but perhaps a reboot would have helped, but I doubt it). After a day or two later, I noticed that my guide's start time was also finally corrected.

RHstats
I plan to stick around

I have found that the best way to record all F1 shows is to simply use the voice control and say 'Formula One'. It then brings up of the times and channels of FP2 (although it is listed as Practice 1), Qualy, the race and post race show.  Also, I never have to worry about mssing the end of qualy or the race should an incident occur causing the event to run past the time in the epg because the algorithm for the recording keeps recording until the event is over. However, I also almost never watch the race on TSN because I can't stand the commercials even though the show the ongoing race in a small PIP window.

I also subscribe to F1TV.com (best $ I have spent!!) and watch the race there.  I usually watch the pre-race show on TSN (F1TV  usually doesn't show SKY's pre-race show) then switch to F1tv once Martin Brundle's grid walk is finished. I can watch the race live or at any time as it is always available, I get to see the positions of the cars on the track and I can watch the race through the on board cameras of any of the cars incluuding communications between the driver and the pit wall.

I can use multiple screens including my computer with two screens, my iPhone and iPad. There is also access  to previous races in the season and earlier seasons. You can choose towatch the SKY broadcast or the F1 team broadcast and it is available in most ofthe major languages, i.e. English French, Italian, German, etc.

I highly reccomend it and it is available year round so you can get your F1 fix whenever you need it.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation