cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

KDT1
I've been around

I purchased a Insignia USB Type C to HDMI Adapter to watch Ignite TV in my shop but it doesn't work when connecting my 10+.  It will connect but once I am on a channel and hit the watch button it doesn't work and asks me to disconnect any external devices.   Is this a security setting or is there a setting I am missing.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connecting my Samsung 10 to TV with an Adapter to watch Ignite TV

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
this is called "mirroring" the phone knows that you connected a cable to an external hdmi device, not only that but the app detects it too and its considered mirroring.

the broadcasters can specifically state they want to disallow their channels when "mirroring" or even "casting" is detected in the app and Rogers has to comply when they receive this request so this is why it does not work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't believe you are allowed to do what you're trying to do, due to restrictions.  Here's a link on "casting".

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Rogers-anywhere-tv-app-on-sony-bravia-tv/m-p/434029#M48633

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
this is called "mirroring" the phone knows that you connected a cable to an external hdmi device, not only that but the app detects it too and its considered mirroring.

the broadcasters can specifically state they want to disallow their channels when "mirroring" or even "casting" is detected in the app and Rogers has to comply when they receive this request so this is why it does not work
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation