cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Crave via Ignite TV

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

Just made the switch to Ignite TV and Ignite Internet a couple weeks ago.  I kept our Rogers Crave subscription that we've had for several years.   I can access Crave through our Samsung TV App as we did before the switch.  And I can log into crave.ca with our Rogers credentials.  However, if I go to the Crave channels via the Guide or via the Ignite App I get the the message that we need a subscription.  Prior to the switch the Crave channels worked via the Guide.   Any idea what's up with this?  Am I missing something?  Hoping someone can shed some light on this as contacting Rogers is a time drain.  Thanks!

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Accessing Crave via Ignite TV

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

@-G-  Well, Rogers answered just as I was about to hang up.  He said I didn't have a subsription to Crave and gave me a new one.  He said he was giving me a free month to make up for their error of not adding it during the switch....um ok, as you said all new subscriptions are currently getting a free month....but, sure. 🙂  I guess we've been watching for free for the last 3 weeks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kuhnberg With Ignite TV, the Crave app is just a link to the Crave On-Demand content.  You can only use that if you have an active subscription as part of your TV package.  That you got an error suggests that your subscription did not get carried over.  Can you access Crave and HBO on channels 265-271?  If not, double-check the TV add-ons that you are subscribed to on MyRogers.

If you are subscribed to Crave but cannot access Crave channels, try performing a System Refresh on your set-top box.  (Press the "A" button to access the Help screen, then select System Refresh.).  This should get your set-top boxes in sync with all channels that you are subscribed to.

If you are not subscribed to Crave, that's good because if you subscribe now, there is a promotion where new subscribers get one month free.

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

@-G-  No, as mentioned in my original comment, I can not access Crave through the Crave channels or the Ignite App.  It says I'm not subscribed.  No, a System refresh didn't help.  And no, it is no longer listed as part of my TV package.  The bizarre part is that I have full access through my Samsung TV app that I used prior to the switch and through the Crave website.  If I'm not subscribed then why do I have access?  I have my chat transcript from the switch that lists my TV services and it includes Crave+Movies+HBO.  I've been on hold to talk to Rogers for a stupid amount of time.  About to give up for today to watch Succession on Crave which apparently I'm not subscribed to. LOL 

kuhnberg
I plan to stick around

@-G-  Well, Rogers answered just as I was about to hang up.  He said I didn't have a subsription to Crave and gave me a new one.  He said he was giving me a free month to make up for their error of not adding it during the switch....um ok, as you said all new subscriptions are currently getting a free month....but, sure. 🙂  I guess we've been watching for free for the last 3 weeks.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation