cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of rings before message picks up

boone
I've been around

Right now our phone messager picks up on the 4th ring.  How can I make it pick up on the 6th instead?

***edited labels***

32 REPLIES 32

Re: number of rings before message picks up

Good Afternoon @graphicsgeezer,

If you have a Rogers Home Phone and subscribe to the voicemail feature, the steps listed in previous pages should work for you.

Do you have Wireless Home Phone or perhaps a business Home Phone Plan? This could affect whether or not you can change the number of rings before going to voicemail.

Hope this helps!

@RogersGabrielle

I can't tell what my plan is from the website. I pay for my phone and my daughter's and get unlimited long distance calls.

This is only for the HARDWIRED Rogers home phone lines which use the telephony cable modems. if your rogers home phone uses a wireless adaptor made by zte, your not with rogers home phone your with rogers wireless and these codes do not apply to you, infact its not possible on any wireless account by rogers that subscribes to a rogers voicemail

sammil
I plan to stick around

I have learned from an answer posted in this forum (please see note below after underline) how to increase rings before call forwarded to Rogers Wireless Voicemail:

Unfortunately, it is NOT working for my Rogers Cell (voicemail activated and by default call forwarded after 2/3 rings which I don't want ), any suggestion will be very helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To change the number of rings before calls are forwarded to your Voicemail:

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 94
2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 2-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your Voicemail. You will hear two beeps to confirm you have successfully made the change.

Hi @sammil,

You have to do this directly on your Home Phone.

It cannot be done from a wireless device as our wireless devices are hard locked to 20 seconds before picking up voicemail.

RogersCorey

joe100
I've been here awhile

Can this be fixed for Rogers wireless?

US carriers allow at least 30 seconds and this can be done by the user. 

I have a wireless Moto Z with non-home phone voicemail. 

BS
I'm a senior advisor

@joe100  This issue has been raised many times on the forum, and it has been made clear to us over and over again that the number of rings is hard coded on the wireless network for voicemail.  No indication that they would ever change this has ever been indicated or discussed, and after all the requests, it has never changed. 

So I wouldn't hold my hopes up on this one.

Technologically, I suspect it can be done, unless the vendor has disabled the feature. Personally, I have reviewed just about every voicemail backend system that was on the market when I worked in the field, and absolutely no vender ever restricted the ability to set number of rings - so it is either Rogers or vendor decision, but there doesn't seem to be any initiative to respond to this request by users.

Bruce

joe100
I've been here awhile

Thank you Bruce,

The frustration comes from the fact that I use to have a BlackBerry Bold and just upgraded

to the Moto Z in early Febuary. I know the phone has nothing to do with it but when I had

the Bold I did have 5 rings before voicemail, no question. So I believe something got "reset"

when I upgraded. For sure there is a system setting for this as a designer that designed 

optical backbone equipment there is no way a wireless designer would have missed this

feature aspect.  Anyways thanks for the reply, can't be bothered to persue further.

Doesn't work on my Moto g7 play. When I tried the*94 it said that it could not connect as dialed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@strudco : The *94 is for home phones. For cell phones the "delay" is set at 20 seconds (it's not actually a number of rings). If you search this form for the term "number of rings" you'll find a few threads on the topic, however, some people have confused home phone and cell phone functionality...

It cannot be changed for cell phones (in Canada)

adeighan
I've been around
when i call *94 all i get is the busy signal

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@adeighan : Are you calling from your actual home phone, associated with the phone number of your Rogers home phone?  I just changed mine this past week and it worked fine.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/set-up-additional-features

Topic Stats