number of rings before message picks up

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: number of rings before message picks up

I tried dialing *94 to reset number of rings before voicemail answers, but get no tone , only silence and then the busy sound. Help, I have been working on thbis awhile and continuously give up. Three rings is too short to get to phone.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to confirm, you do have the rogers answering service?

I've Been Here Awhile

yes, I do have rogers answering service

I've Been Around

Can you be more specific regarding the steps to take

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sure. lift up the handset, you will HEAR the dial tone, look at your phones numeric keys, and PRESS * 94, you will hear a confirmation tone, then PRESS the number that corrisponts to how many RINGS you want before your voice mail answers, so if u press 2, it wil ring 2 times, and if u press 9 it will ring 9 times, cant get any more specific than this.

I've Been Around

This worked like a charm!  Thank you for solving this problem for me...  My voicemail was picking up after 2 rings!  Now it's set to 6...   Perfect!

Thanks again!!

I've Been Around

I have tried doing these steps on my rogers business line and it DOES NOT work. I dial *94 and it says it is incompatible?

Please help!

Rogers Employee mavriq
Rogers Employee

Hi @sdugdaleTitan welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you are setup as a business account that might not allow this feature.

How many lines are on this business account?

If you call into customer service a rogers agent should be able to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail (depending if you have authorization of course to do so from your company)

Hope this helps.

I've Been Around

I have an 86 year old Mother for whom I have a home phone .  It rings 3 times then quits.  Unless she is right by the phone she misses 100% of her calls.  What can I do to fix this problem?  She has no other phone for forwarding.

Retired Moderator RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator

Good Afternoon @Birder1024,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

If you look at page 1 of this thread you will see that one of our other moderators @RogersReggie, has posted a step by step guide on how to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. 

Let us know if you have any trouble after following those instructions.

@RogersGabrielle