cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number of rings before message picks up

boone
I've been around

Right now our phone messager picks up on the 4th ring.  How can I make it pick up on the 6th instead?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: number of rings before message picks up

Hi boone,

You can change the number of rings before your home phone goes to voicemail by completing the following steps:

To change the number of rings before calls are forwarded to your Voicemail:

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 9 4
2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 2-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your Voicemail. You will hear two beeps to confirm you have successfully made the change.

Hope this helps.

A thread on this topic was created in the Home Phone section.  In the future, you can try using the Search function at the top of the page to see if other users have posted similar questions and received any responses to help save you some time 🙂

@Pauly, you can change the number of rings for Rogers Home Phone.  For Wireless devices, the default is 4 rings or 20 seconds.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

no, unfortunately, DCF Delay is hardcoded at 4 rings in the Switch

Hi boone,

You can change the number of rings before your home phone goes to voicemail by completing the following steps:

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 9 4
2. After the tone, enter the desired number of rings (from 2-9) before unanswered calls are directed to your Voicemail. You will hear two beeps to confirm you have successfully made the change.

Hope this helps.

A thread on this topic was created in the Home Phone section.  In the future, you can try using the Search function at the top of the page to see if other users have posted similar questions and received any responses to help save you some time 🙂

@Pauly, you can change the number of rings for Rogers Home Phone.  For Wireless devices, the default is 4 rings or 20 seconds.

rocmon
I've been here awhile
Is there any 'Rogers' answers as to why they don't upgrade this lame feature?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I know the Rogers wireless is 20 seconds or 4 rings, I just posted it above your post beacuse I was answering the question. However i did not know about rogers home phone

carlocoen
I've been here awhile

Can anybody help me?

my voice mail message ("please leave a message") goes off after only 3 rings, and it is hard sometimes to reach for the phone in time. How do I change the number of rings (say 6 or 7) before the voicemail message starts?

Thanks in advance

Carlo

Hi carlocoen,

1. Pick up your receiver and dial * 94

Hope this helps.

A thread on this topic was created in the Home Phone section. In the future, you can try using the Search function at the top of the page to see if other users have posted similar questions and received any responses to help save you some time Smiley Happy

carlocoen
I've been here awhile

Thank you very much. It works, PERFECTLY!!!

agenteman
I've been here awhile

The phone currently rings 3 times and then goes to a recorded message. How to I increase/decrease the # of rings before the caller goes to a recorded message? 

agenteman
I've been here awhile

I just found the answer: press *94 , then press 2-9 for the # of desired rings before it goes to your recorded message. 

micasey
I've been here awhile

I tried dialing *94 to reset number of rings before voicemail answers, but get no tone , only silence and then the busy sound. Help, I have been working on thbis awhile and continuously give up. Three rings is too short to get to phone.

Just to confirm, you do have the rogers answering service?

micasey
I've been here awhile

yes, I do have rogers answering service

Klow
I've been around

Can you be more specific regarding the steps to take

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sure. lift up the handset, you will HEAR the dial tone, look at your phones numeric keys, and PRESS * 94, you will hear a confirmation tone, then PRESS the number that corrisponts to how many RINGS you want before your voice mail answers, so if u press 2, it wil ring 2 times, and if u press 9 it will ring 9 times, cant get any more specific than this.

dmfreeman
I've been around

This worked like a charm!  Thank you for solving this problem for me...  My voicemail was picking up after 2 rings!  Now it's set to 6...   Perfect!

Thanks again!!

I have tried doing these steps on my rogers business line and it DOES NOT work. I dial *94 and it says it is incompatible?

Please help!

Hi @sdugdaleTitan welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you are setup as a business account that might not allow this feature.

How many lines are on this business account?

If you call into customer service a rogers agent should be able to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail (depending if you have authorization of course to do so from your company)

Hope this helps.

I have an 86 year old Mother for whom I have a home phone .  It rings 3 times then quits.  Unless she is right by the phone she misses 100% of her calls.  What can I do to fix this problem?  She has no other phone for forwarding.

Good Afternoon @Birder1024,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

If you look at page 1 of this thread you will see that one of our other moderators @RogersReggie, has posted a step by step guide on how to change the number of rings before it goes to voicemail. 

Let us know if you have any trouble after following those instructions.

@RogersGabrielle

Doesn't work. Live chat says you can't change the setting.

Topic Stats