Unable to Hear Callers but They Hear Me

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T1221
I've Been Here Awhile

Unable to Hear Callers but They Hear Me

From one day to the next I don’t hear the callers voice but they can hear me talk. I tried a different phone but it’s still the same problem. 
I tried all kinds of troubleshooting solutions but nothing works. I am stuck, help! 😭😭

***Edited Labels***

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Unable to Hear Callers but They Hear Me

@T1221  Which Home Phone service are you using, Ignite Home Phone, the (legacy) Rogers Home Phone (with its own dedicated/separate voice modem) or a 3rd-party VoIP service?  Do you hear total silence or are the voices at the other end just very faint?  Does the problem always occur or is it intermittent?

T1221
I've Been Here Awhile

I am using the Rogers home phone with the modem. I hear no voices at all, the problem is ongoing.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@T1221 wrote:

I am using the Rogers home phone with the modem. I hear no voices at all, the problem is ongoing.

! would send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  and ask them for assistance.

If you have tried other telephones/telephone cables/etc. and nothing else changed on your end, I would suspect that there is a problem with your Home Phone modem.  There could also be a problem with your modem's connection to the Rogers network as well.  If the problem was due to a back-end/networking issue, many people would be reporting issues with their service here, and Rogers would have likely also posted about such a service disruption as well.

I am not seeing any such issues with Ignite Home Phone.

T1221
I've Been Here Awhile

I fixed the issue.
I had to reset the modem, there is a little pin hole in the back, use a paper clip to hold the tiny button for about 3-5 seconds. All the green lights on the modem shout turn on again after the reset except the link button,