Transferring landline number to cell phone. Is it possible?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Transferring landline number to cell phone. Is it possible?

Hello, has this been solved.  I am looking to have my home phone number with Rogers ported to my cell with Rogers.  I’ve been assured it can be done but have run into roadblocks.  What do I need to suggest to the rep to make this happen?

Good evening @Brianmelski1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community!

It’s easy to transfer a number to Rogers from another provider – also called “porting.”  You can transfer your home phone number from another carrier to Rogers Wireless.

Not every number can be transferred. There are certain restrictions that may prevent a customer from transferring their number to another carrier.

For example, the number to be transferred is not active with any carrier.  If you cancel your account first, you lose control over your number, which makes the number ineligible for the transfer. If the number is cancelled, you would need to reactivate the number to regain control, which allows you to port the number.

Here is everything you need to know about porting your existing number to Rogers:

• Your number and your account must remain active with your old service provider until the port-in is completed.
    • If your number is suspended or cancelled, we can’t port it.
  • Make sure you have your information from your previous carrier.
    • From a wireless carrier, we would require your account number, PIN or password, and/or Electronic Serial Number (ESN) / International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI).
    • From a landline or Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) carrier, we would require the service address and billing name.

Delays for Landline to Wireless:

• It usually takes about 2 business days to complete the port-in — not including weekends and statutory holidays — but it could take up to a week, depending on your old service provider and the complexity of the transfer.

What kind of "roadblocks" are you running into? We certainly want to help you resolve this situation!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Maude,

Thanks for responding.  It is now fixed up.  A manager at the mall store did the transfer.

brian