Building Intercom (Buzzer) Stopped Working After Upgrading to Rogers Ignite

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

This issue has been resolved.

Thanks to RogersMoin.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Building Intercom (Buzzer) Stopped Working After Upgrading to Rogers Ignite

@jesl : Would you please elaborate. What was the solution?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hello 57,

The Rogers modem was previously connected to the phone jack outlet in the living room. The technician moved the Rogers modem and connected it to the phone jack outlet in the bedroom. As the technician explained it, this is because the phone outlet in the bedroom has 4 wires, whereas there were only 2 wires in the living room's phone outlet.  One or both of the additional 2 wires in the bedroom phone outlet must have been for the buzzer.

The Sittelle IVI 6000 was pressed into service (please see the attached picture below):

· Jack 1 is connected to 'TEL 1' on the Rogers modem

· Jack 2 is connected to the bedroom telephone

· Jack 3 is connected to the bedroom wall phone outlet

Phone service and the buzzer works for all the phones in the unit, not just the bedroom telephone.

202007310b_resize.jpg202007310a_resize.jpg

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thanks for the pic.. the intercom buzzer signal was always present on the second pair of wires goung inside your unit. The white box simply combines the new rogers phone signal with the buzzer and sends it along your existing inside wires. Glad you got it solved

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Pauly wrote:
Thanks for the pic.. the intercom buzzer signal was always present on the second pair of wires goung inside your unit. 

If that's the case, a telephone plugged directly into that particular outlet should have worked?  I thought the OP said he tried all the outlets...  (post 4)

I've had the Rogers gateway modem unplugged and had the home phone plugged directly to each of the four phone jacks located around the apartment — no luck.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I tried phone direct to outlet and it didn't work. Can't remember if I tried it with and/or without the Rogers modem connected to another outlet (if that makes a difference).

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Every telephone jack can be wired for 2 lines. The first line is the bell (or rogers) the second line (or second pair) is the intercom but your phone wont detect it at all. That is where the sittelle box comes into play. This device does some special magic and inject the intercom signal onto the rogers/bell line using special electronics and a relay using all 4 wires. If u noticed the telephone line chord in port 3 is thicker than the others rite?