cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building Intercom (Buzzer) Stopped Working After Upgrading to Rogers Ignite

jesl
I plan to stick around

Hello, we upgraded to Rogers Ignite in December 2019.

Since then, when somebody enters our 3-digit buzzer code from the entry intercom located at our building's lobby, we do not get a ring in our apartment's phone.

Is there a fix or workaround to make the buzzer work again?

The buzzer continues to work fine in other units of the building that are not on Rogers Ignite.

Thanks.

P.S. Link to somebody else's post on Reddit with a similar problem:  https://www.reddit.com/user/tweety234

*Edited Labels*

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Building Intercom (Buzzer) Stopped Working After Upgrading to Rogers Ignite

Hi Roger,

sorry for the slow followup.  I don't live near to my mother's place and wasn't able to get any further info about the intercom system until today.  I'm inserting pictures which I took a couple of weeks ago, of the phone and modem in the apartment and of the intercom system in the lobby.  However there is no manufacturer or model information visible for the intercom.  I did contact the management office for more info and they came back to me today with a contact at the company that services the intercom system.  A support tech from that company will be available on Wed to provide more info which I will forward to you.   Thanks for your help.

Pictures:20221007_140805.jpg20221007_140746.jpg

20221007_135626.jpg20221007_135635.jpg20221007_135521.jpg

asb20
I'm here a lot

Hi Jesl,    thanks for the information re the Sittelle IVI 6000.

HI Roger,

I was able to get in touch with a support tech at the company that services the intercom system at my mother's condo.  The system there is a Viscount Intercom Mark 3.  The tech said that it should be straightforward to connect the intercom system to the apartment phones using a Sittelle box.  In other words the intercom system is compatible with the Ignite phone.  The way he explained how to connect it is consistent with the solution described in an earlier post here by jesl.  I am relatively sure that the Rogers tech that came here previously never connected the Sittelle box in that manner.  I never saw it connected to the modem.  I can also send you the contact information for the intercom servicing company by email if any further explanation is required.

Would you be able to arrange for a Rogers tech to come in to connect the building intercom to the phones.

The earlier post about how to connect the Sittelle box:

20221019_090758.jpg

Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation