cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUSY message on Ignite Home Phone with Panasonic KX-TGD 590C Cordless

peterfranklee
I plan to stick around

Upgraded to Rogers Ignite TV, Home Phone, Internet and Pre-paid Cellular. Previously had Bell Home Phone which was attached to a Panasonic KX-TGD 590C Cordless with three remotes. Whenever a call comes in, answered on one remote, my wife would shout downstairs to pick up one of the remotes and I would be able to connect to the caller. That was under Bell. Under Rogers Home Phone, when a call comes in on one remote, I get BUSY message 

which blinks on the second remote. No way to get access to the caller who is on the initial remote.

This used to work! Can someone recommend a solution? The KX-TGD 590C is one of the latest Panasonic models.

FATHER'S FAVORITE SAYING
May you have long life, good health, happiness and may my God be always with you and yours.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BUSY message on Ignite Home Phone with Panasonic KX-TGD 590C Cordless

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello Peterfranklee,

You said you actually see the word "BUSY" on the screen of the actual handset when you try to answer it, but your wifes handset answers the call just fine?

I had a look at the instruction manual for this handset and it looks like the message "BUSY" on your handset is NOT a rogers issue, its a error of the handset and there is some details I would like to share with you how to solve them, I found them in the instruction manual of your phone online by a google search:

Error messages: Busy

-No cellular phone is paired to the base unit. Pair a
cellular phone (page 16).
-The called unit is in use.
-Other units are in use and the system is busy. Try
again later.
-The handset you are using is too far from the base
unit. Move closer and try again.
-Only 2 Bluetooth devices can be used with the unit at
the same time (for example, 2 cellular lines, or the
headset and 1 cellular line).
-The voice recognition feature could not be activated.
Try again later.

You definitely have a error message coming from the handset and not Rogers, so your switch to rogers has absolutely nothing to do with this except merely co-incidence. Rogers can not "inject" messages onto your handset screen such as "busy" or anything else to that matter.  Messages like that are usually from the chip within your phone. Trust me, it happens.  You are free to call up Panasonic customer support for further help on this matter, since its their error not Rogers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While I dont have the NEWEST Panasonic models..  I know it works fine on mine.
One phone picked up, other phone can just hit talk and be able to talk on it as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have an older Panasonic Cordless set on Rogers Digital Cable. Here are my comments.

1. It works for me - I can pick up another handset and join the conversation, then the other person can hang up.

2. In the programming of the base station, I believe you can "tell it" to connect as soon as you pick up the handset, or you may need to press "talk" instead.  This may have changed during the changeover when the base station was perhaps unplugged. Check your base station settings with your phone's operating manual settings.  You may need to press "talk" on the second handset which you may not have before?

3. When one handset is being used, my other handset displays "in use" on the handset display.

4. If I pick up one handset, press talk and then do the same to another handset I see "conference" on the handset display.

5. Try unplugging the base station to "reset" it?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@peterfranklee  I also have a Panasonic cordless phone system and a few wired telephones as well, and everything works with the Ignite Home Phone service just as it did with the old Bell home phone service.  If the Rogers phone service was installed properly, you should not have to reprogram your phones or resort to any workarounds to get things working.

Did the Rogers install tech patch the XB6 modem into your home phone wiring?  If so, did the tech also disconnect the incoming Bell line from your home phone wiring as well or did he leave the old service connected?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello Peterfranklee,

You said you actually see the word "BUSY" on the screen of the actual handset when you try to answer it, but your wifes handset answers the call just fine?

I had a look at the instruction manual for this handset and it looks like the message "BUSY" on your handset is NOT a rogers issue, its a error of the handset and there is some details I would like to share with you how to solve them, I found them in the instruction manual of your phone online by a google search:

Error messages: Busy

-No cellular phone is paired to the base unit. Pair a
cellular phone (page 16).
-The called unit is in use.
-Other units are in use and the system is busy. Try
again later.
-The handset you are using is too far from the base
unit. Move closer and try again.
-Only 2 Bluetooth devices can be used with the unit at
the same time (for example, 2 cellular lines, or the
headset and 1 cellular line).
-The voice recognition feature could not be activated.
Try again later.

You definitely have a error message coming from the handset and not Rogers, so your switch to rogers has absolutely nothing to do with this except merely co-incidence. Rogers can not "inject" messages onto your handset screen such as "busy" or anything else to that matter.  Messages like that are usually from the chip within your phone. Trust me, it happens.  You are free to call up Panasonic customer support for further help on this matter, since its their error not Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

His wife answers successfully answers a call on one handset (which he calls remote) so it confirms the Ignite home phone is properly connected to the ISW (In Side Wiring)

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
sometimes if you re-located your Panasonic cordless base station during the switch over from bell to Rogers, the location of your base station to the cordless handset does make a difference and the farther it is or the more obstacles in the way such as drywall, cement walls, basement, fridges, equipment, even WiFi transmissions from modems and your devices can affect the signal and range

gumshoe99
I plan to stick around
I know this is old but in case it helps someone. I have an older Panasonic 4 unit phone set (410C) and it has a setting in the menus I believe it's called "Privacy Mode" with an on or off option.. Basically it prevents someone listening in on any extension if it's set to on and if so then it would not be possible to transfer the call the way you did it before. It may be a default setting or someone might have unknowingly changed it by mistake. Imo this is not a service provider specific issue.
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation