cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..."

Mobius187
I've been here awhile

When attempting an international call to a home in England using my home phone I now receive the following automated voice message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot be completed at this time...". I should note:

1) the person I am calling had no problem calling my home phone

2) the person confirmed I had dialed the correct phone number

3) once, while requesting support from Rogers, the staff member was able to dial the phone number

4) the issue started a few months ago, but prior then I was able to call the phone number without issue

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what caused this problem? As it stands I am paying for reduced fee long distance calling, but the feature is useless.

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Automated Message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot

Mobius187
I've been here awhile

To confirm, I spoke with the family member in England and while comparing notes it was revealed that apparently I was missing some area code digits for the phone number. We ended up comparing her phone number with another phone number I had for England and determined the missing (and erroneous) digits. Then we tested and confirmed that was the cause. I'm not sure when/how the incomplete phone number was recorded in the first place, but there you have it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Automated Message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..."

RogersTony

Hello, @Mobius187

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I can understand how important it is to be able to keep in touch with friends/family overseas.

Do you have any issues calling any other long-distance numbers? If no, does this only seem to be happening with this specific number or is it all phone numbers from England?

Has anyone else in the community experienced any issues making long-distance calls to England? Our resident expert @Pauly is well versed in telecommunications and may be able to provide additional insight.

We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully helping you find a solution.

RogersTony

Re: Automated Message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot

Mobius187
I've been here awhile

To confirm, I spoke with the family member in England and while comparing notes it was revealed that apparently I was missing some area code digits for the phone number. We ended up comparing her phone number with another phone number I had for England and determined the missing (and erroneous) digits. Then we tested and confirmed that was the cause. I'm not sure when/how the incomplete phone number was recorded in the first place, but there you have it.

mr1uau
I've been around

So glad I found this forum. I've been having the same issue trying to contact our bank in the UK. For at least two months I've had little luck getting through due to this message. One time, last week, I made contact with the bank so I know I have the right number. During that call they tried to switch me to another department and I lost connection. That was their fault, I think, however when I tried to call back I received the recorded message again. 
I just called a family member in the UK and had no trouble getting through so I have no idea how to resolve this issue.
This is definitely nothing to do with a wrong number. I have checked the bank's website to confirm that I had the right number and then confirmed that the area codes are still the same. Nothing has changed so it's a mystery what's going on here. I've wasted so much time assuming the problem was on the UK side. It's really frustrating!

Good day, @mr1uau!

Thanks for sharing your concern with the rest of the community! 

It is definitely strange that the issue only seems to be happening with that one phone number and that it just started happening out of the blue. That would leave me scratching my head as well!

If the issue persists, I would recommend that you try rebooting your home phone modem to see if this helps. Please click here to view the step-by-step instructions and let us know how it goes! 🙂

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Re: Automated Message: "We're sorry, due to telephone company facility trouble your call cannot..."

Hi there, I am having the same issue calling Pakistan.  Problem started 3-4 months ago and Roger is unable to help.

Any suggestions?   

Zulfi

Good Day @zrajper

Welcome to the Community and Congrats on your first post with us! 🙌 I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing with regards to making an international call. I just want to clarify, is this issue with regards to a wireless cell phone or home phone? 

If this is regarding a wireless device, I have a few questions for you in hopes of getting down to the bottom of this:

Do you have a block on your account that prevents you from making long distance calls? 

In what sequence are you entering the phone number that you're calling? 

Is the correct country code (91) being used for India? 

If you are using a home phone, are you able to follow the steps below to see if this resolves the issue?

1. Press and hold the “+” key until it appears on the screen
2. Type the 3-digit country code and 10-digit phone number
3. If you’re calling from Canada: dial 011 + (COUNTRY CODE) + AREA/CITY CODE + LOCAL NUMBER;
    Press OK or the green phone key to start the call.

Please let us know if this was helpful, 

RogersJo 

Hi there, there is no block on my account to call long distance.  To dial Karachi, Pakistan, I use following numbers....

011 9221 5676xxx

thanks 

Hi RogerJo,  still no luck my friend.

thanks

Hello, @zrajper.

Thank you for trying the dialling sequence suggested by Jo. Is this happening with a particular number? The issue could be the phone number/company at the other end. Are you sure the number is correct? Per this thread's solution post, a missing digit was causing the issue.

For testing purposes, can you call friends/relatives in different cities/provinces in Pakistan? Also, please try calling someone from a different country to see if the call can be completed.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Hi RogerMoin, 

Number is 100% correct, I tried calling few other numbers in Pakistan, no luck.  My family from Pakistan can call me but I am unable to call them.

Thanks 

Good morning @zrajper!

It's possible there's an outgoing international call block on your account or potentially another unknown issue that we would need to escalate a ticket to resolve. 

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi RogersCorey, I did open couple of tickets with Rogers, they said they are going to look into it and get back to within 48/72 hours.  They never resolved the issue and tickets were closed.

Would you recommend to open another ticket?  I am being changes for long distance service but can't make long distance calls? 

Any suggestion? 

thank 

zrajper

Hi @zrajper

I'm sorry that the suggestions didn't resolve the issue and that the tickets have been closed. 😥 As @RogersCorey suggested, we can certainly have a gander on our end here to see what the next best steps would be to get this ironed out for you. Please send us a PM and we'd be more than happy to take a look! 

Regards, 

RogersJo 

Hi RogersJo, private message sent.  Hope you can help.  Otherwise, I need to cancel long distance plan which I continue to pay but can't utilized for last 4-5 months.

Have a great day.

thank you,

zrajper

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 in conversation