cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something Cookie related is causing failed logins

sswilson
I'm a reliable contributor

Not really sure where to put this since there doesn't appear to be a website problem area.....

Using Firefox (latest version) and there's something going on with the cookies. I'm initially able to log in (using saved credentials) but over time (like maybe 5 or 6 logins) it just starts looping back from the login page to the front page where I'm again presented with the "register or sign in" option.

The only "fix" for this that I've found is to do a full "clear data" but that resets all of my other websites, and that's not an option I'm willing to entertain full time.

I am running AdblockPlus but have the site whitelisted in it so doubt that would be the issue.

Any ideas?

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Something Cookie related is causing failed logins

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This has been going on for years.  If you search this forum for "Forum login" or similar terms you'll find lots of threads on the topic.  Here's the most recent thread on the topic.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Community-Questions-Suggestions/New-interface-for-the-Communit...

Here's a post on workarounds:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/td-p/49...

It is possible to search the browser for "rogers" cookies and only delete the relevant cookies.  You should also delete the cache.  Also, using Incognito or Private mode often works since that bypasses cookies.

Rogers (their contractor for websites) seems incapable of fixing this properly.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I've had this problem with Firefox for a long time. Whenever I could not sign in, I went to Manage Data and deleted all "rogers" and then it worked. However, before the Rogers outage even that stopped working. Now the only way I can sign in is to open a private window, go to MyRogers | Bills & Payments | Bill Summary twice, then my Notifications bookmark.  Rogers is just not Firefox friendly.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

sswilson
I'm a reliable contributor

That's not very promising. Guess I'll have to see if the same issue occurs on edge and just use that when I need to access rogers info.

Would it be safe to assume that this issue is probably tied to why I can't get the system to send me a confirmation text to verify my cell number on my account profile?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Interestingly, I (almost) never have any issues signing into MyRogers.  When I'm there, if I open another tab and open any forum page from my bookmarks, I'm already usually logged in.  I usually do this when Incognito won't work.

Switching browsers may work for a time, but the cookie/cache issue seems to crop up after a while no matter what you do and sometimes nothing works. 😤

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation