Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Forum Login has changed

No, I'm not here to report that signing in to Community Forums with Firefox has improved, I wouldn't want to jinx it if that were true. Smiley Frustrated

In fact, it took me about half a dozen tries this time and it was incredibly slow. One thing I'm noticing though is that the process appears to be contacting a large number of websites as displayed in the bottom left hand corner, including my bank. I'm thinking that the Rogers is trying to mine far too much data about their users, in the process making signing in far too complicated.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

Sorry to hear.  I've been able to login without issue since the "Entity" issue was resolved last week.  I was even able to login this morning after being at "Manage PVR" (AnyPlace). Usually if I've been there, I've had to close the browser which was unnecessary this morning.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@OLDYELLR,

We are waiting on a resolution for the Firefox issue. Will keep everyone posted once we have a timeline on the next fix.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just checking in.  Haven't been to the forums for a few weeks, and log in is no better.   And I don't use Firefox.

I doubt that anything has been done.

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

@Customer01

What issues are you still experiencing? Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Since the update, I've only heard of users on Firefox experiencing logging issues. I personally use Chrome and have yet to encounter anything since.

RogersRoland

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm using Firefox 48.0.1 and have no real problems any more......it's just a bit slow, that's all.  A lot depends on whether or not your browser is at default settings plus some add-ons may effect things adversely.

Peter
Toronto

Why Do I Stay Logged in here?

If I want to post here I have to log in to my Rogers ... no problem.

I make a post ... 

I leave the page without signing out  ...

I come back  and I see that I am  still  considered to be "online " here but I have to re log in to My Rogers to post here ....even though I'm listed as on line. Why am I still considered"online"

Why is it that I am not automatically logged out of both the forums and my rogers when I leave the Rogers site?

Yes...I know if I actually remember to  sign out , clicking  on the icon and signing out does seem to work most of the time... why should I need to ...that is the way it seems to work everywhere else... if you leave the site you are automatically logged out ?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersRoland wrote:

@Customer01

What issues are you still experiencing? Have you tried clearing your cookies?

Since the update, I've only heard of users on Firefox experiencing logging issues. I personally use Chrome and have yet to encounter anything since.

RogersRoland

Pretty much the same as before.  Just random issues, and can usually manage to figure out a way.  Just managed to log in now.  Earlier, I was asked to register, when I tried to move from the main rogers page to Forums by clicking the link at the bottom of the page, even though I was signed in.  So I went to MYrogers, and from there it worked.  Weird.

I can get logged in, although it's agonzingly slow, but can't do much else at My Rogers.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, it's now getting ridiculous!

Today it took me at least FOUR attempts to sign in to Community Forums.

After two attempts clicking the sign in icon, I was presented with two screens promoting the iPhone 7.

Looking for iPhone 7 or to upgrade to a device?

Here for anything else?

After clicking "Continue" twice, it still didn't take me to Community Forums and I had to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find a link.

Please Rogers, fix your site! Fix what's wrong before even thinking about bombarding us with ads. That's adding insult to injury. Smiley Mad

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation