cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login has changed

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

Something changed in the forums overnight.  My usual process is to log on to MyRogers, check my internet usage graph, then scroll down to the Community Forums link at the bottom of the page.

When I tried this today, I was not signed on to the Forums when the page came up.  I clicked the signon link at the top of the page, and the signon page came up for a second but did not allow me to enter my info then it brought up the forums and I was not signed on.

I went back to MyRogers, signed out, and then clicked the forum link at the bottom of the page.  When I clicked the Sign In link, this time it allowed me to sign in and the forums worked properly (except for the issue below).  There is a thread from last year that describes this same problem, so maybe last night  changes reverted a previously fixed issue.

Next, my icon at the top of the page after I successfully signed in showed 4 items.  When I clicked on the icon, it showed that I had 4 items next to the "bell" icon.  When I clicked it, it showed 4 references to my userid by @57  in the Updated Navigatr thread, but when I checked the thread, there was only one post by 57 that referenced me.  The only explanations I have for this is that 57 duplicated the post 3 times and the duplicates were deleted, or he edited the post 3 times and each generated a reference. 57 is a fairly experienced user and seems unlikely to do this, but would that explain the results?

Mac OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)  

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit)

***Edited Labels*** 

154 REPLIES 154

Re: Forum Login has changed

pmcsplaza
I'm a trusted contributor

3 attempts this time too....oh well, glad I'm not alone. 

Having similar issues with another forum over at ASUS but in that case it wont let me edit my profile.

It's just not my day I guess. 

Peter
Toronto

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey community,

I'm *hoping* you have noticed some improvements with the sign in experience ... there have been some changes made in the back end.  We are still aware of an issue when signing in from Firefox ... however, for Chrome users, things should be better.

As always, if you're having any issues signing in, please try to clear your cache/history and attempt to sign in again.  If you continue to experience issues, please post here and we'll take the feedback to our IT team.

Thanks so much for your patience!!

Margaret

Still the same problem here with Firefox. Click the sign in icon and the same page comes back with the same sign in icon. The second time usually works.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Well, after Sunday's maintenance shut-down, it looks like signing in with Firefox is working without having to make two attempts. I wasn't going to say anything in case I jinx it until I discovered an even bigger problem that's now been created.

After going through the new posts from my Notifications I wanted to go through all the forums I follow, but then I discovered that there was no longer the panel on the right with all the forums. What happened? The only way I could get here was by going through my subscriptions until I found it. This is much worse that having to try signing in twice.

Hey @OLDYELLR,

We've encountered a new bug where some of the Community Forums components are not displaying properly for certain users. We have addressed this issue with Lithium and looking for a fix.

Thank you again for your patience and keeping us updated with any bugs/issues from the Community Forums.

RogersRoland

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, the forum navigation panel on the right is now back, but so is the bug requiring 2 attempts to sign in.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

From bad to worse. Today it required THREE attempts to sign in. Is this the same team that works on Navigatr?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Okay, I'm sure this will jinx it. After the site was down for maintenance last night, this morning it only too one attempt to sign in.  We'll see....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm getting the "Request Entity Too Large" every time I try to reply (except for twice) in the past 4 days.  I see from other posts here that other people are having similar issues replying...

This is despite using "all the tricks" like clearing cache, clearing cookies, trying different login sites, different browsers, closing browsers, etc. Sometimes I can login and see my username at the top right, but I still get the "Entity too large" error message if I try to reply using Firefox. This issue had gone away a few weeks ago, but it appears to have returned with a vengeance.

The issue is different in Safari - instead of getting the 413 - Request Entity Too Large error message, the browser simply locks up or does something else that doesn't result in my post going through.

These login/posting issues in the Community Forums have been going on for far too long - months?  Years?  The only time I'm able to reply is around midnight - I guess the system isn't overwhelmed at that time.

I can login to MyRogers (accounts, etc) just fine. I can also login to Rogers Bank.  If I login to MyRogers to look at my accounts and then try to go to the Community Forums, it doesn't work.  It also typically doesn't work if I've been to AnyPlace (Manage PVR).  I usually close the browser and try logging into the forums directly, but that hasn't worked for the past 4 days.

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
Yes, each day this problems seems to get worse.
I find it strange that of the different message boards I use this is the only one that has so many problems. That they take so long to correct is a mystery.

@57 @jays77

Hey Community,

An updated was implemented last night in regards to the "Request Entity Too Large" error. The Rogers Moderator Team have yet to encounter it since this update was done. If anyone from the Community is still encountering it, please me us know.

Thank you again for all your patience.

RogersRoland

@RogersRoland:

Thanks for the good news. Let's hope that issue never comes back.  This post is evidence that I was able to login and reply.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Will having to attempt signing in twice with Firefox be fixed?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't usually need to sign in twice with FF on my Mac.  I make sure I start with a fresh browser (having quit any previous FF session for a few seconds).  Then when I hit "reply", after finding a post I wish to reply to, I wait for the login page to load completely. If you try to sign in before the page loads completely, you may have an issue. You can usually tell when the page is loaded - the blue feedback tab on the right side of the web page appears.

@OLDYELLR

We are still looking to get this addressed. At the moment, the issue with Firefox is that we are unable to recreate the exact problem every time. I personally experience it maybe 1 out of 4 times. Needless to say, this is still a concern and we are working to get it fully resolved.

On plus side, it does seem that the "Entity" bug is now fully gone. ^^

RogersRoland

*Edited! Thanks @57*

@RogersRoland wrote:

On plus side, it does seem that the "Entity" bug is not fully gone. ^^

RogersRoland

I assume you meant to say "now".

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Totally missed that. Thanks 57!

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

No, I'm not here to report that signing in to Community Forums with Firefox has improved, I wouldn't want to jinx it if that were true. Smiley Frustrated

In fact, it took me about half a dozen tries this time and it was incredibly slow. One thing I'm noticing though is that the process appears to be contacting a large number of websites as displayed in the bottom left hand corner, including my bank. I'm thinking that the Rogers is trying to mine far too much data about their users, in the process making signing in far too complicated.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR:

Sorry to hear.  I've been able to login without issue since the "Entity" issue was resolved last week.  I was even able to login this morning after being at "Manage PVR" (AnyPlace). Usually if I've been there, I've had to close the browser which was unnecessary this morning.

RogersRoland
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@OLDYELLR,

We are waiting on a resolution for the Firefox issue. Will keep everyone posted once we have a timeline on the next fix.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

Just checking in.  Haven't been to the forums for a few weeks, and log in is no better.   And I don't use Firefox.

I doubt that anything has been done.

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation