Forum Login has changed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Forum Login has changed

I should add that now when refreshing a timed out forum window, it no longer has a screen that says something like "your session has expired".

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Oh man!  Ok, thanks for the feedback, everyone.  We're back to the drawing board.  Thanks for sticking with us.  

I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Okay, I can confirm that after an open window on Community Forums has expired due to over an hour of inactivity, or whatever it is, refreshing and clicking the icon to sign in works after the second time it appears. Partly fixed, but annoying and you need to know the trick of attempting it twice.

Mine worked on the 4th try today!

But, when I signed out, it took me to the Rogers home page. Is this something new?  I expected to be still on the Forums page.  That's what SHOULD happen , I think.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I never actually sign out, so I don't know where it goes. I either close the window or forget about it and it expires.

As for signing in, I now see that when I go to my bookmark for Community Forums, I also have to click the sign in icon a second time because the first time I don't get my email and password screen. Looks like another workaround instead of fixing what they broke.

Another oddity, after I signed in I saw my avatar with a number 5, showing 5 new notifications, but when I clicked the avatar, the top of the panel that comes up was blank, so I could not go to Notifications. I tried it a few times with the same result until I finally went to a specific forum and tried it again and it then worked. Definitely work in progress, with "progress" being an oxymoron.

(Well, darn it, when I went to post this reply I got the infamous "Request Entity Too Large" error and had to delete my Rogers cookies and sign in again. I just love the autosave feature that let me continue with the reply without repeating everything again.)

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just to keep this issue open, it is now over 2 months that signing in to Community Forums has not been working properly. Instead of one click of the sign in icon, it takes 2 clicks because the first one won't work. And if the email/password screen does come up after the first click, it doesn't work, so it takes a total of 3 clicks. I just thought I'd provide some feedback in case the issue has been forgotten on the back burner.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, still not working properly.   Still the same problems.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I was just about to come here and complain again. It's got worse instead of better today. Deleting Rogers cookies isn't helping anymore. Time after time clicking the Sign In icon would not bring up my username/password screen. Even going to MyRogers and clicking Community Forums at the bottom didn't work anymore. And then I get the survey screen to give my feedback, but since there's no place to enter my email address to get feedback back from Rogers, it's like talking to the wall and probably gets ignored. I finally got in by signing out of MyRogers, then signing in again and choosing my Wireless account, then Community Forums at the bottom. Honestly, it's like pulling teeth. It's the most screwed-up forum on the Internet. Maybe Rogers does not want people here.

I'm a Senior Advisor

12 clicks to sign in this morning.  Smiley Mad

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community

Sorry you weren't able to login recently. As you may know, we've had sign in issues on Rogers.com. We are still working on a fix for the ongoing sign in issues for the Community...fingers crossed for a fix soon. We will be back with an update as soon as we have any news.

RogersRoland

I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is what happens when I try to sign in to Community Forums after clicking the sign in icon at the top right. Usually it 's been coming back with the same screen with the same anonymous icon. After clicking it again, it used to come back with my username/password screen, which worked. Now even that screen keeps coming back with the original sign in screen with the anonymous icon, over and over again. So then I would click MyRogers at the top and get to MyRogers already signed in. From there I would click Community Forums and the bottom to get here. However, now even that just takes me back to the sign in screen with the anonymous icon. So now I click MyRogers again, then sign out and back in from there, choosing either my cable or wireless account. From there I click Community Forums at the bottom and I'm finally in. At least that's what's working today.

Get Ready!
Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II
JOIN US: November 5, 6, & 7
Start: November 5th 10AM ET
End: November 7th 6PM ET

We're back with another Ask an Expert!!
JOIN US

For three straight days we will have exclusive access to some of Ignite TV's best Program Managers. They will be here taking your questions LIVE!

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation