cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Login has changed

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

Something changed in the forums overnight.  My usual process is to log on to MyRogers, check my internet usage graph, then scroll down to the Community Forums link at the bottom of the page.

When I tried this today, I was not signed on to the Forums when the page came up.  I clicked the signon link at the top of the page, and the signon page came up for a second but did not allow me to enter my info then it brought up the forums and I was not signed on.

I went back to MyRogers, signed out, and then clicked the forum link at the bottom of the page.  When I clicked the Sign In link, this time it allowed me to sign in and the forums worked properly (except for the issue below).  There is a thread from last year that describes this same problem, so maybe last night  changes reverted a previously fixed issue.

Next, my icon at the top of the page after I successfully signed in showed 4 items.  When I clicked on the icon, it showed that I had 4 items next to the "bell" icon.  When I clicked it, it showed 4 references to my userid by @57  in the Updated Navigatr thread, but when I checked the thread, there was only one post by 57 that referenced me.  The only explanations I have for this is that 57 duplicated the post 3 times and the duplicates were deleted, or he edited the post 3 times and each generated a reference. 57 is a fairly experienced user and seems unlikely to do this, but would that explain the results?

Mac OS X 10.11.3 (El Capitan)  

Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 (64-bit)

***Edited Labels*** 

154 REPLIES 154

Re: Forum Login has changed

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

1. I too experienced difficulty signing in to the forum this afternoon. Each time I clicked the icon in the top right corner, it came back with a new page not signed in, instead of my email and password screen.  Deleting cookies usually helps as a workaround, but it didn't this time. I finally closed the Rogers tab down and started anew and it worked. The Rogers site is a constant work in progress, although "progress" is not always the right word.

2. The number of notifications is not always reliable. Moderators are constantly editing, moving and consolidating posts, which is why a notification may not always be valid.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Customer01
I plan to stick around

I have also been battling to sign in.  I would sign in to MyRogers, but would show as not signed in on the Community Forum page.  When I tried to sign in there, the page would hang.

Eventually I managed to connect with the "sign out" button (it kept appearing and disappearing), and then signed in again, and now I am in.

This may be a general problem since I have not seen a new post on the thread I am watching since some time yesterday.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I also sometimes have issues logging in. I find that this is often because I've been somewhere else on the Rogers website - for example using AnyPlace Web.

Whenever I have difficulties, I always close my browser and start fresh.  This always works for me.

@roxandtreez: I may have edited my post several times, but if that's the case, the edits shouldn't really send a mention each time.  I've edited this post twice on purpose, adding your name in the first edit, so you may get two notifications?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

This forum and My Rogers need separate logins.

As for not being able to log in here, I usually just leave a tab open and then come back and refresh it and either I'm still signed in or the time has expired, in which case I sign in again from the icon at the top. Today signing in to an expired page doesn't work,so I've had to close the tab and open a new one.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

I've never had problems before.  If this page asks for a login, I have done it and no problem. Today the page was just hanging.  I closed, reopened, tried all the normal things.  So something is/was definitely wrong.

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

@57

Yes, I got two notifications about that post.  Thanks for testing.

Also, I was able to log into the forums today by clicking the link on the MyRogers page, so it appears to be another transitory issue.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

Still problems this morning.  Using web instead of google app seemed to help yesterday,  but not today.  The log in link would not open up for Community Forums.  Tried logging out of MyRogers, then log in to Forums, still no luck.  Then logged back in to My Rogers and it jumped to the Forums page, logged in!  So very unstable right now, and something is wrong.  

Rogers moderators, I hope you have reported this.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I can confirm that for the second day now, if you have a window or tab open in Community Forums and it times out due to inactivity, refreshing the page and trying to sign in again no longer works. I have to close the window/tab and open a new one to be able to sign in again.

Hey Community, 

I'm sorry to hear about the Login troubles everyone is having. As of right now, I have @57@OLDYELLR@roxandtreez and @Customer01 experiencing difficulties logging into the Community Forums. Are there any other members of our Community experiencing similar symptoms?

Community Forums aside, has anyone encountered issues logging into their MyRogers account also? I ask this because both accounts are linked to the same profile so hopefully we can try and troubleshoot and get this resolved.

Thank you again for your patience.

RogersRoland

Customer01
I plan to stick around

No problem logging in to My Rogers.  But a lot of trouble with Forum log in again today.  I can't even figure out what eventually worked!

It is possible that after logging in, and appearing to be NOT logged in, that in fact I am!  However I cannot post or anything.

Reason I think this is that, in my many attempts trying this and that, I logged in to MyRogers and suddenly I was in the Forum, logged in!  Just a guess.

If others are having problems they will not be able to respond to your post!  Unless they are persistent like me.

Have your Forum threads gone quiet?  Certainly the one I am watching has.

By the way, I am using an iPad, as I usually do.  But am using safari instead of google app to get to Rogers website, only because I thought maybe the google app may be the problem.  But just as bad on Safari today.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Customer01 wrote:

It is possible that after logging in, and appearing to be NOT logged in, that in fact I am!  However I cannot post or anything.

Reason I think this is that, in my many attempts trying this and that, I logged in to MyRogers and suddenly I was in the Forum, logged in!  Just a guess.

Obviously you're logged into the Forum, or you wouldn't have been able to post. When you're logged in your avatar appears in the top right hand corner of the screen. When not logged in, there's the anonymous figure, all messages appear "new" and if you try to post or reply, you should get the log in screen.

Right now, when I click MyRogers at the top of the screen to open in another tab, I don't get a new log in screen like I used to, but a popup to choose either my Cable or Paygo account.

roxandtreez
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersRoland  My login is working fine today.  No problems with logging in to MyRogers then going to the forums.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

The only thing not working anymore is if an open window to the Forum expires and times out, signing in again no longer works. You have to close it and start anew.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@Customer01 wrote:

Obviously you're logged into the Forum, or you wouldn't have been able to post. When you're logged in your avatar appears in the top right hand corner of the screen. When not logged in, there's the anonymous figure, all messages appear "new" and if you try to post or reply, you should get the log in screen.

Right now, when I click MyRogers at the top of the screen to open in another tab, I don't get a new log in screen like I used to, but a popup to choose either my Cable or Paygo account.

Haha, obviously I did not explain myself very well!  Of course, I did finally manage to log in, as per my what I said about "suddenly I was in the Forum, logged in".  And of course then I could post.

So I was speculating that even though the avatar had not appeared, and I could not post, that the log in had registered at some level, and then when I logged into MyRogers, from the Home page, I suddenly found myself on the Forum page logged in. 

However, up to that point, no avatar appeared and I could not post, even though I had just been through the logging in process several times, fir the Community Forum page.  (No problem gettin in to MyRogers).  Sometimes, no log in screen appeared at all, and sometimes it appeared, but log in did not work.

Confusing?...Yes!  Obviously a glitch somewhere....but not me!

As I said, I tried a lot of different ways, and there was definitely something wrong, since I haven't had this problem before a couple of days ago.

And, @RogersRoland, I am still having problems.  After I posted the above, I logged out, just as a test, and had a lot of trouble getting back in.  I think it does have something to do with not being able to log in on an expired page, which has never been a problem in the past.  In the google search app, I had to clear all my pages, then with a new page, I could log in.  That is new behaviour, and a nuisance, actually.  Hopefully that will be fixed.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Signing in this morning was even worse than yesterday.  It took several tries and finally worked after closing the window and opening a new one.

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Signing in this morning was even worse than yesterday.  It took several tries and finally worked after closing the window and opening a new one.

Yes, and it's too complicated to even begin to explain how I managed to log in today. 

Here are a couple of interesting facts:

Whilst I was apparently NOT logged in (no avatar), the list of logged in members at the bottom showed me as logged in.

When I tried to log in to Forums, the page went to rogers.com and back to communityforums.rogers.com, but unsuccessful login.  On the way, a page briefly flashed up saying my account is cancelled!  Of course, it's not, but this may be an indication of a hitch in the process.

When I logged in to MyRogers, I found I was automatically switched to the Forums page, logged in, avatar and all!

I was trying to figure out the exact problem I am having, but it's random.

This should be good information for a techie.

Customer01
I plan to stick around
Good news. Seems to be okay now.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I'm glad your problem is solved, or has solved itself. My problem still exists after 3 days. This morning I deliberately left a window open on the Forum. Over an hour later I came back and refreshed it and saw I was signed out. Clicking the figure in the top RH corner to sign in again did not bring up my sign in screen, but the same signed out screen as before. Only way to sign in was to close the window and open a new one. So, it's still broken. Not that it's a huge inconvenience, just annoying. It's workaround after workaround.

Hey Everyone,

Thank you again for your patience with this issue. I am glad to hear that it seems to be resolved for some users. So far, the main issues seem to be:

1. Users get logged out after inactivity and unable to log back into the Community Forums unless they close and restart browser.

I currently experience this issue as I tend to leave my computer logged into the Community Forums when I leave the office. However, the difference is that I am able to log back in within the same tab/browser.

2. Users are directed to MyRogers login page and not Community Forums directly or Vice versa. (Sometimes directing to a Cancelled account) I encountered this issue once last week when I had trouble logging into the Community Forums. It directed to either the MyRogers login page or the main Rogers.com page. After I restarted the browser, I no longer experienced the issue. This has been reported.

3. Users do not appear to be logged in, despite showing up in the "Who's Online" portion of the Community Forums. It appears our Users are connected initially but then disconnected. The "Who's Online" section has a slight delay so by appearing there, it does confirm the user had been successfully logged in at some point. This was been reported.

From what everyone has reported, it seems there is an issue regarding the communication between the Community Forums profile with the MyRogers profile. The issues have been logged and we will provide everyone with an update when I received more information.

RogersRoland

Customer01
I plan to stick around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I'm glad your problem is solved, or has solved itself. My problem still exists after 3 days. This morning I deliberately left a window open on the Forum. Over an hour later I came back and refreshed it and saw I was signed out. Clicking the figure in the top RH corner to sign in again did not bring up my sign in screen, but the same signed out screen as before. Only way to sign in was to close the window and open a new one. So, it's still broken. Not that it's a huge inconvenience, just annoying. It's workaround after workaround.

@OLDYELLR

Well, it is not completely solved!  Had a bit of an issue this pm.

I have the same issue as you, with the top RH sign in screen not working.  That is clearly broken.

What is working for me at the moment is signing in to MyRogers also gets me into the Forum.

Topic Stats
  • 154 replies
  • 34 Likes
  • 10 in conversation