cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Sports Pak and NCAA Football

craigreeder23
I'm here a lot

Why is the Super Sports Pak not showing NCAA football this year?  It is I think now the only sport that could be on, but instead it seems the decision has been made not to show the games.  I have heard people say it is due to COVID shutting the games down, but all games are pretty much happening now.  If this is the case it is a terrible decision, but one that can easily be fixed, so why not fix it? 

The same thing better not happen to NCAA basketball when it starts in November as it will again be the only sport on TV.  

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Super Sports Pak and NCAA Football

RogersZia

Hello @craigreeder23,

The cancellation of major US College/NCAA conferences (Big 10, Pac12) due to COVID-19 has resulted in no football games being offered in the Super Sports Pak at this time.

You can keep an eye out on the Super Sports Pak Schedule page for schedule info.

RogersZia

The problem is the Big 10 and Pac 10 are playing soon and regardless those two conferences are only a small part of the NCAA.  The rest of the major conferences are playing, games are happening now.  Rogers really needs to reconsider their decision on this as many customers like me are confused why an incorrect answer is being given to this question.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Stop using COVID-19 as an excuse. Games have been played for weeks. Big 10 and Pac12 starting soon. Bell TV are showing games. Wake up Rogers!!!!!

I am writing to express my abject disappointment and disgust that Rogers has decided not to include college football this year with the super sports pak even though it continues to be advertised as being included. This is classic bait and switch. It was bad enough that you took away the NFL from us when it was once included. If you are going to remove some sports then I would think a partial refund should be included. Or have you flushed your consciences down the toilet?

Your only major competitor (Bell) is showing college football games on their sport specialty channels.  For some reason (Covid is not the reason even though they use it) you as an organization has decided not to show these games.  I will be calling Bell today to find out what it entails for me to switch networks.  Make us pay for a sports package, advertise on your website that the US College football channels would be available and then not show the games which are playing.  This is absolutely ridiculous.   

Hey @ckitchen2,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention. I understand you desire to catch the College Football games and we're sorry you feel like the Super Sports Pak is no longer a right fit for you based on what is being broadcasted. 

TV channels are subject to branding, programming or genre changes without prior notice. If you don't have it yet, TSN will show most of the games that air originally on ESPN in the US. 

If you would like us to find the best add-on to your channel lineup, simply specify whether you have Legacy (Digital) or Ignite TV services.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

This is a bad response though and clear evasion of telling the truth.  TSN shows some of the games, but not most.  

The issue is about to become a real issue when college basketball starts on November 25th, which seems like it will not be shown either.  From everything being said by Rogers it appears this is a pure profit decision, my guess is Rogers decided they weren't going to get enough money from the Super Sports Pak to pay whatever is needed to ESPN to show the games, which is fine and a fair decision.  The problem everyone has is we are being lied to unnecessarily and the Super Sports Pak is advertising it shows these games, but it clearly doesn't.  Hiding behind bogus reasons of COVID is just a poor look for Rogers.

What an absolute joke!!!! Plain and simple ,Rogers is not showing US College Football so they can save a buck. Then they use Covid 19 as an excuse. TSN show a limited amount of games compared to ESPN. How stupid do you think we are? I WILL be changing providers in the new year!!!! Guess no chance at college basketball  this year either. My advice is to stop advertising US college football with the Super Sports Pak. I know I'm rambling but I'm sick of the Covid excuses for showing games. Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us @craigreeder23 & @beothuck72.

To see what is scheduled to air on the SSP channels, check out the Super Sports Pak Schedule. The cancellation of major US College/NCAA conferences due to COVID-19 has resulted in no football games offered in the Super Sports Pak.

Remember that if this sports pack no longer suits your needs, you can look into getting Sportsnet + TSN Sports Theme Pack, for example. If you're looking for College Football you can watch it on TSN (1-5) or the TSN app (some games are available exclusively on the TSN app).

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Re: Super Sports Pak and NCAA Basketball

duffo1
I've been here awhile

When will Rogers make an announcement regarding NCAA basketball games and the Super Sports Pak? The season starts next week and I may need to switch to Bell to insure that I don't miss the start of the season.

So the season has started, but still no games, should we be switching to Bell to watch its sports package?

Hey Craig,

You may as well look into Bell cause Rogers has used Covid as an excuse to not show the sports they have listed in the Super Sports Pack. I'll now 100% be switching to Bell in the new year. 

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 in conversation