cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers bank and Samsung pay

shagkie
I've been here awhile
Will will this work? I don't want to switch credit card to something that works with Samsung or Google pay. Sheesh.
62 REPLIES 62

Re: Rogers bank and Samsung pay

oxymoroner
I've been here awhile

still waiting for mobile payments, card is getting less use as my other credit cards are more convenient to use

StraySheep
I've been around

Another Rogers bank master card user waiting for Google pay.

Every other week I tried to set up contactless payment in my Google pay app with Rogers Master Card, but keep being disappointed.  

frank_leal
I've been here awhile

Add myself to the list of the MANY Rogers MC holders waiting for Android/Samsung pay to be enabled.

Joe12348988
I've been here awhile
Add me to the list of people wanting Samsung pay/Google pay.

Joe12348988
I've been here awhile
Just added my wife's Visa to Samsung pay. Will start using Visa on phone and Rogers MasterCard will stay in my wallet until it's available on Samsung pay.

molotov
I've been around

Adding myself to the list. Ended up many times paying with another CC just because it's available right from Google pay app

asdasfa
I've been here awhile

Waiting like everyone else with a Roger's bank card.

mattsycakes
I'm here a lot
Ditto. Been waiting and waiting for Google pay and Apple pay.

Forgot my wallet at home today and had to go all the way back to get it. Wouldn't have to if I had Google Pay!

rassel81
I've been around
Adding myself as well! Already started using my visa more often. Would prefer to use this card. But no Google pay is just ridiculous. Would rather use my other card

4 pages of people asking for Google/Samsung Pay now.

Take the hint, Rogers.

Everyone else, please make sure to "like" the original post.

MR1
I've been here awhile
Please allow Rogers MC to work with Samsung Pay, this would be a great feature!

redAx
I've been around
Same here, i was surprised to learn Rogers bank does not support Google Pay

Jordan203
I've been around
Would really like to see this work with Samsung/Google pay. Being forced to use a different card more often than I'd like to. I would also like to see an app for Rogers bank. Just seems so strange that they are so far behind with technology.

vnk
I plan to stick around

I am very doubtful if any Rogers MC representative ever read it. At the very beginning of this tread was "So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature. " Then it looks like no one is reading it.
Do you believe in it, that not many cardholders asking for it? Probably other MC issuers that support mobile payments are just over initiative, probably they do not have enough requests too, but they are just spending extra money to develop mobile payment support. LOL.

I believe Rogers cannot overcome some technical issues or Rogers MC is not qualifying for Apple pay, for GPay, for Samsung Pay.
Why? No one is going to let us know. They would tell you anything but not the truth.
Rogers - there are alternative providers and WE ARE using it 

Well, I've finally had enough waiting. Made the jump to a Scotiabank Momentum Infinite Visa . 

• Supports Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
  • Great cash-back rewards:
    • Earn 4% for every $1 you spend on grocery store purchases. 
    • Earn 4% for every $1 you spend on recurring bill payments.
    • Earn 4% for every $1 you spend on recurring subscription purchases.
    • Earn 2% for every $1 you spend on gas purchases and daily transit purchases.
    • Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases with no cash back limit.

Plus tons of other benefits. 

Good job on ignorning clients, Rogers! 

Bmadong1
I've been around

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that a MOBILE PROVIDER banking service doesn't support a mobile platform like Apple/Android Pay. Be innovative, listen to what people want and next time be ahead of the game. It's 2019 and it blows my mind that this still isn't available. I'd sure use my card more if Rogers made it convenient.

davej13
I plan to stick around

Yeah, I had assumed this would have been a no-brainer when I tried to set up my Rogers MC on my Rogers smartphone.  My wife is also looking for a new no-fee MC and was going to switch to Rogers as well, but this might be a deal breaker if she can't use mobile pay on her watch.  As mentioned earlier it's a nice backup if you forget your wallet.

FXMD11
I've been around
Just to add to the chorus of users requesting Samsung/Google/Apple pay, please add it Rogers! I created an account just to request this.

I love my Rogers card but as others have said, I find myself using a different credit card or even my debit because they support Samsung pay.

Black5ive
I've been here awhile
I just tried to set my card up with Google Pay. I'm disappointed this doesn't work. I was hoping this could my only card. This is something I would switch cards over.

I just installed Google Pay on my android so I could begin only pulling out my phone when making an in-store purchase. As it is I have found it awkward and annoying to first pull out my phone to have it scanned for my royalty card and then reach for my credit card for payment.  I was extremely disappointed in finding out that Rogers Mastercard is not supporting this mobile payment option.  If Rogers does not add this feature very soon, I may consider switching to a credit card that does offer this service although I would prefer to keep my Rogers card.

Topic Stats