cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to stream CNN App?

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Today I am no longer able to live stream CNN.  I get a message that it is not available outside the US and I get redirected to videos.  Any one else experience this?

** Labels Added **

31 REPLIES 31

Re: No longer able to stream CNN App?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

What device? What app?  I have no trouble streaming CNN on my Windows laptop using Chrome and Anyplace TV.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Webster01
I plan to stick around

I was using CNNgo with Firefox.  It must have been temporary as it is working tonight.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does this have anything to do with Rogers?  I'm asking that question seriously.

Webster01
I plan to stick around

@57  I think that it would be safe to assume that your question  would be behind the reason I made the post I did; the way I did,  I answer you sincerely.  Thank you.

Webster01
I plan to stick around
CNN site is telling me once again I am not authorized to view this site from Rogers. Grrrrrr..

DeniseHT
I've been here awhile

I am also getting this issue. But with both the CNN app AND the Global TV app!!!! I think Rogers may have snafu'ed something along the way, here....

DeniseHT
I've been here awhile

Hi All,

Just spoke with a technician who was unaware. Simply asked me to reinstall, which I knew wouldn't work. I asked to be escalated to a manager; young guy came on and it was a quick and painless fix. Apparently they had to "push through" the apps for cable subscribers, such as myself, so he fixed my issue. He apologized on behalf of the technician.

If you're still having an issue such as this, I suggest you phone tech support, as they are now aware.

Webster01
I plan to stick around

Was in chat with technical guy in Moncton 48 hrs. ago and he couldn't make it work either.  He sent it on for resolution(have ticket #) and I was to be emailed if it wasn't resolved within 48.  No email or service.  Will try to get someone at Rogers tomorrow if I still don't have it.  Thanks for the info.

Rylanda23
I've been here awhile

I just tried to stream CNN from my desktop computer and got the same message and redirected to "videos" when I never had this problem before.  I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.

This is really frustrating.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Rylanda23 wrote:

I just tried to stream CNN from my desktop computer and got the same message and redirected to "videos" when I never had this problem before.  I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.

This is really frustrating.

Works fine for me using Chrome on Windows 7.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Hello @Rylanda23,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I stream a lot of TV on my computer too so I can understand how frustrating it is to experience this issue, all of a sudden. Has this worked for you in the past and only recently stopped or is this the first time you are attempting to access it?

I have attempted to access it on my end and it worked without issue. Please visit https://go.cnn.com and then you'll need to sign in to view live TV. There should be an option to sign in on the top right corner of the screen, you'll need to select your provider from the list. It is easier to simply search for "Rogers" in the search bar that is available. Sign in using your MyRogers Profile login and you should be able to stream CNN's Live TV Feed.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

NFre
I've been around

Not able to log into CNN with Rogers ?! I haven’t been able to watch cnn through their app for quite a while. I know I can watch through the anyplace tv app but I liked signing in and accessing full shows as well. It constantly says there’s an error and it’s been this way for at least six weeks. Any clarification as to what’s up?!

Hello, @NFre

I can imagine how disappointing it has been not being able to enjoy the CNN GO App for the last 6 weeks. =(

Can you confirm what device you are using the App on? The App version may be outdated or there could be an issue with the App Cache data on your device. Uninstalling and reinstalling the App on the affected devices should remedy both of those issues. Do you have any issues accessing CNN GO from a computer? Simply visit https://go.cnn.com and then click the sign in button on the top right corner of the screen, select Rogers as your provider and sign in with your MyRogers Username/Password.

If you are able to access CNN GO via a computer with your MyRogers sign in then you should have no issues accessing it via the App.

Keep us posted on how that goes for you!

RogersTony

roblem2114
I've been around

Yes I just discovered the same issue...Come on Rogers, you should resolve these problems before custermers have to address it

Hello @roblem2114,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing similiar issues with the CNN Go App. Can you confirm the troubleshooting steps you have completed so far? 

Can you also specify what device you are using and the App version? 

Awaiting your reply.

RogersRob

pindgar1
I've been here awhile

I have been trying to access CNN GO via the app on a firestick and have also tried using a computer with Chrome and also with IE.  The result in the same on all devices.  After authenticating to the CNN GO site after indicating that my TV Provider was Rogers I get a message saying I am unauthorized to to view the contect and to contact my TV provider.  I have been on more than one chat session with Rogers tech support and nobody has been able to resolve the issue.  The last tech I spoke to said that the problem was with the app since I could access CNN content via my set top box and via RogersAnyplaceTV but I do not agree.  I asked to be escalated to a manager but the tech on the chat session said this this was not possible via the chat service and that I would have to call by phone to do so ?????????????

Any help would be appreciated.  This is very frustrating.  The CNN GO App should work.  I believe this issue is related to my Rogers profile.

Hello, @pindgar1

It's disappointing to hear that you've been unable to get this issue resolved. I stream a lot of the TV GO channels on my computer so I can understand your frustration with this not working.

We'd like to take a look at your TV subscription to ensure everything is set up properly for streaming TV online. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

pindgar1
I've been here awhile

Done

awalters
I've been here awhile

Where you able to get this fixed? Im experiencing the same issue...I spent two hours on the line today with rogers tech and they said nothing they can do on my end but I can add the channel to my tv package.

pindgar1
I've been here awhile

I have not heard back after sending my PM.  I already am subscribed to the CNN channel so can watch it on TV via the set top box or also by using the RogersAnyPlace TV app but I wish to watch CNN on my firetvstick connected to a TV when travelling.    The last Rogers tech I chatted with informed me that it was not a Rogers issue because I was able to watch CNN content on the RogersAnyPlaceTV app and that the issue was with the CNN GO app.  I disagree with this 100%. 

Topic Stats