No longer able to stream CNN App?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

No longer able to stream CNN App?

Today I am no longer able to live stream CNN.  I get a message that it is not available outside the US and I get redirected to videos.  Any one else experience this?

** Labels Added **

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: No longer able to stream CNN App?

What device? What app?  I have no trouble streaming CNN on my Windows laptop using Chrome and Anyplace TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I was using CNNgo with Firefox.  It must have been temporary as it is working tonight.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Does this have anything to do with Rogers?  I'm asking that question seriously.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57  I think that it would be safe to assume that your question  would be behind the reason I made the post I did; the way I did,  I answer you sincerely.  Thank you.

I Plan to Stick Around

CNN site is telling me once again I am not authorized to view this site from Rogers. Grrrrrr..
I've Been Here Awhile

I am also getting this issue. But with both the CNN app AND the Global TV app!!!! I think Rogers may have snafu'ed something along the way, here....

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi All,

Just spoke with a technician who was unaware. Simply asked me to reinstall, which I knew wouldn't work. I asked to be escalated to a manager; young guy came on and it was a quick and painless fix. Apparently they had to "push through" the apps for cable subscribers, such as myself, so he fixed my issue. He apologized on behalf of the technician.

If you're still having an issue such as this, I suggest you phone tech support, as they are now aware.

I Plan to Stick Around

Was in chat with technical guy in Moncton 48 hrs. ago and he couldn't make it work either.  He sent it on for resolution(have ticket #) and I was to be emailed if it wasn't resolved within 48.  No email or service.  Will try to get someone at Rogers tomorrow if I still don't have it.  Thanks for the info.

I've Been Around

I just tried to stream CNN from my desktop computer and got the same message and redirected to "videos" when I never had this problem before.  I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome.

This is really frustrating.