cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid 2018 - Where is Rogers VPN service (Virtual Private Network) ?

PCao
I plan to stick around

Nowadays, everywhere in magazines, newspapers, articles, webs, etc., we see people concerned, when online, about personal information stealing, data redirecting, etc. And people are looking for ways to protect their privacy while online, for software that allow secure connections & data encryptions, etc. and a VPN can offer all that (although you have to pay to get one).

Why don't Rogers (& in general other internet providers in Canada) offer the optional VPN service for a fee ? (so that Rogers internet users can hide their internet activities, emails/search/downloads/banking, not to hide from Rogers but to hide from watchers/intruders/hackers).

I looked everywhere on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any Canadian internet providers or even Canadian private companies that offer a VPN service. Currently canadian dollars seem to fly toward foreign countries like the US & EU & Hong Kong 'cause people want to subscribe to a VPN service.

Anyway just a thought.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Mid 2018 - Where is Rogers VPN service (Virtual Private Network) ?

RogersTony

Hello @PCao,

Thank you for your post! I know how popular VPN services have become these days especially when it comes to protecting yourself online. 

In all honesty, I am unsure as to why Canadian ISPs don't have an optional VPN service that customers can subscribe to. It is a great idea so I will definitely pass along your suggestion. Some of our Resident Experts may have an explanation as to why VPN services are not provided by Canadian ISPs.

I will be sure to tag them into this post: @Datalink, @Gdkitty, @gp-se.

RogersTony

Re: Mid 2018 - Where is Rogers VPN service (Virtual Private Network) ?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@PCao wrote:

Nowadays, everywhere in magazines, newspapers, articles, webs, etc., we see people concerned, when online, about personal information stealing, data redirecting, etc. And people are looking for ways to protect their privacy while online, for software that allow secure connections & data encryptions, etc. and a VPN can offer all that (although you have to pay to get one).

Why don't Rogers (& in general other internet providers in Canada) offer the optional VPN service for a fee ? (so that Rogers internet users can hide their internet activities, emails/search/downloads/banking, not to hide from Rogers but to hide from watchers/intruders/hackers).

I looked everywhere on the internet and there doesn't seem to be any Canadian internet providers or even Canadian private companies that offer a VPN service. Currently canadian dollars seem to fly toward foreign countries like the US & EU & Hong Kong 'cause people want to subscribe to a VPN service.

Anyway just a thought.

@PCao

Do you really want a VPN run by your ISP? There are lots of options for VPN, I personally wouldn't want/trust a VPN run by an ISP.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation