cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help with a song

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor

I hope somebody can help me out.  On Rogers channel 001, they have an ad for HBO Canada, which includes a song playing over it.  I can't figure out who it is and it's driving me nuts.  The voice sounds familiar, but I can figure out who it is.  I've Googled the lyrics, which repeatedly mention komodo dragons, with no luck.  Please help me hold on to my sanity.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking for help with a song

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor

Somebody posted the link to HBO at the start of the topic.  It worked, they got back to me already.

The Song is called "The Link Between Us" by Jerome Benoit and Adrien Francoise.  It's on two different websites that are music licensing companies that deal with all forms of media.  You can download it if you're a member, so I'm waiting for my application to go through.  Yes, I'm completely insane when it comes to music.

Should you want to hear the song, you can stream it on this site.

http://www.cezame-fle.com/liste_titres_album.php?id_album=1230

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.Robot Very Happy

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

RogersMaude

Good day @discipline76,

Thank you for your post!

I totally understand the feeling of enjoying glimpses of a song without being able to pinpoint the title or artist.

I am not sure of the ad you are referring to, but I made some researches based on the information you provided us above.

I am thinking that the song is Echelon (It's My Way), but I am still uncertain.

I also found two other songs that contain "Komodo Dragon" but they are most likely not the ones used in the commercial in question.

• Have you tried to "Shazam" it?

Simply download the app (if you don't already have it) and whenever the ad is on try to see if Shazam recognizes it!

Your last resort would be to get in touch with HBO Canada directly to see if they would have more information Smiley Wink

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.  The song in that link is definitely not the song in question.  I guess I'll try and figure out the Shazam app you mentioned.  Cat Happy

Thanks,

-Me

I have SoundHound on my iPhone. I'll check channel 1 today to see if that song is still playing. If so, I'll try to get SoundHound to clear up the mystery. SoundHound is an excellent piece of software. I got it a few years ago. At the time, it was free and had options which you pay for. I don't know if it's still a free download, though.

Update: Watched channel 1 for quite a long time, but did not see what you're looking for. Smiley Sad

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor
That would be wonderful.

SoundHound (Infinity) is the version I have.
I found it more useful than Shazam. O_o
I haven't seen this add, but I definitely recommend using the app and let it listen to the music. 🙂

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor
Unfortunately, they seem to have stopped playing the ad. Thanks to all for your help.

WE MUST HUNT THIS ADVERTISEMENT!
O__O"

I was wondering why you hadn't responded since you originally posted this question...

Can you tell me what the ad had in it?
I can search for all the HBO ads? (usually Youtube has all the ads for some reason uploaded, I usually do that to find the song on car commercials)

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor
The ad was for both Ballers and True Detective. I'm somewhat useless when it comes to using different apps to find things.

Well, I can always look for it. I'll see if i can find it. Worst case scenario,... I don't find anything and we are back where we started. So really no harm in trying 🙂

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor
Thanks!!!

This is a total shot in the dark, but here's a link to a comment about a True Detective song: http://www.bustle.com/articles/75248-what-song-is-in-the-true-detective-season-2-trailer-the-hauntin...

The only reason I thought of it was because of the comment about Ballers and True Detective, so I did a search to see what came up.

Did you beat me to the punch?! O_O no! I wanted to be the Hero! lol @jimboden lol

@discipline76 did jimboden get it right? 😄

Wait - Whoa, this is a Custom "Made for the Show" song? I gotta hear this! 😮

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor

Unfortunately, that was not the song, though it was a pretty good substitute.  I've looked around and can't find mention of a combined trailer for the two shows.  Seeing as I watched numerous times, I know I didn't imagine it.Smiley Very Happy

I think you did. o__o I got no hits on my search for the last hour lol

Any lyrics come to mind when you heard the song? anything?!

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor

This is a few lines I (sort of) remember.

"She rolls over me like a Komodo dragon charge"  also a similar line that exchanges the word 'charge" with "fire"

"It hurts, baby knows it. Pain's real, baby likes it"

discipline76:

Take a look at this: https://www.reddit.com/r/NameThatSong/comments/3e7kbs/song_from_promotional_trailer_for_the_brink/

The second line in your post matches to the trailer for The Brink, which is another HBO production.

o__o the lyrics sound interesting...

discipline76
I'm a frequent visitor
Thanks for trying. I also found that while searching but, unfortunately, that's not the song. It's really good though. I sent an email to HBO this morning, hopefully they can help. My obsession with music doesn't usually take this much effort.

Wow you are super dedicated to get that song. I would have never thought to email HBO lol
Topic Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 4 in conversation