WWE Network in Japan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm an Advisor

WWE Network in Japan

On Saturday, July 4, at 5:30am EDT, the WWE Network is showing a 2 hour event from Japan. Several WWE stars will be there, including Brock Lesnar and the NXT champion, Kevin Owens. I'll be watching, but not live, so have set it up to record.Smiley Happy

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: WWE Network in Japan

BAM. That's cool. Anyone else? I don't watch WWE much so that's why I ask. O_O
I'm an Advisor

Looks like Dolph Ziggler and John Cena will be there, but not sure who else. There's also a few well-known Japanese wrestlers, but I'm not familiar with any of them. If you do a search on WWE Japan, there's a few articles about it.

Rogers Employee

Cool.
I like John Cena, his character is very fun to follow!

Japanese wrestlers? Can we garuntee a Sumo wrestler will be in it? WWE has a tendency of playing with "stereotypes" for American Entertainments lol
I'm an Advisor

Wrestling is huge in Japan. There are a few Japanese wrestlers here, but mostly in NXT. Yeah, WWE has had its share of Sumo wrestlers in the past, but it's been a long time since they've done it.

In 1976, I remember when Muhammad Ali had a fight against Antonio Inoki, a very famous Japanese wrestler at the time. Here's a Wiki link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_vs._Antonio_Inoki#The_fight

Rogers Employee

o__o I did not know Muhammad Ali had Fought a Sumo Wrestler. cool 😄
I'm an Advisor

Inoki was not a Sumo wrestler.

Rogers Employee

Oh, just japanese? o__o Sorry I miss understood.

I was trying to imagine Sumo vs M-Ali couldn't see that happening lol
I'm an Advisor

I'm guessing any of the Sumo guys would have been too much for Ali. Sumos seem to devote their whole lives to the sport and take it very seriously.

The Japan event was kind of disappointing. The only real interesting match was the NXT champ Kevin Owens losing his title. The match that really surprised me was Brock Lesnar taking on Kofi Kingston. Give me a break. Talk about boring and the obvious outcome. Hint: the loser's initials were KK. Smiley Very Happy

Rogers Employee

I didn't get to watch any of it, not even clips -__-"
I was complete swarmed with school work and work...
but hey glad you enjoyed it!
Any good matches coming up in the WWE world?