36 REPLIES 36

Re: General Anime Discussion

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Fall Anime Lineup

https://www.livechart.me/fall-2015/tv

Here is what i find interesting / likely will be watching this next season:

- Lance N' Masques - A light fantasy based one, based on the last order of knights in the 21st century

- Young Black Jack - Sort of a prequel of the old BLACK JACK anime/manga series

- Heavy Object - Mecha / Giant machine type anime

- Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry - Another in the 'magic school' type series which is very pouplar these days

- Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshiite Gets♥Sareta Ken - comedy hareme type (fanservice)

- Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai - Military / fantasy type series, in a world where magic and tech sort of vie for which is relivent

- Owari no Seraph 2nd Season - Pretty decent post apocaliptic type vampire series

Really.. thats about all that has jumped out at me... and nothing really is die for to watch, other than maybe Seraph 2nd season.   Looks like a really weak season 😞

lockdown2341
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@Gdkitty

Excellent idea!

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to watching anime. Honestly all I had ever really watched prior to meeting my fiance was Dragonball Z, and Samurai Pizza Cats. Of course I didn't realize they were 'anime' at the time. I thought it was just cartoons.

Since then I've been exposed to Hellsing, Full Metal Alchemist/FMA: Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Slayers, Bleach, and Death Note. All of them very good!

Thats just it, there is such a WIDE varitey of them 🙂

While there are obviously MANY great ones like FMA, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, with epic storylines, etc..

Sometimes its the smaller, more SIMPLE ones which can be just as good (and often overlooked).

There are many 'school' based ones.. revolving around students, just slice of life type things.  No epic stories, but sometimes just a light thing to watch some simple romance or comedy.

You have your standard harem type ones.  They are often good for a laugh at the guys expence.  The somehow the guy ends up getting just about every girl in the anime going after him, etc.

An example of one that was EASILY overlooked recently, but OH MY GOSH tugged at my heartstrings.

Plastic Memories.
A story in the semi future.  There are the these androids, which can be bought as a companion, child, friend, etc.  They are fairly hard to tell apart.  The one downside is, they only have a specific number of years lifespan... if that passes, they sort of go berzerk.  So the story revolves around one of the agencies which goes to the families and collects them back before they go crazy.  Particularily one new guy... and one of the androids who works at the agency.
You can tell right away... there is going to be sadness.. that these things ARE family to these people.. and dont want them to go.
I was sniffling by like the 3rd episode.  By about 8?  I was like " DARN I AM GOING TO CRY AT THE END I KNOW"... and I did.

Doesnt have any sort of epic story, etc.   But something which can make someone feel those emotions... has done a good job.

@lockdown2341 wrote:

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to watching anime.

Just ask me anything you want to know, my Padawan :3

Not the OLDEST fan out there.. but up there.
I have been watching anime, since before it really started to become popular here (i would say the first major jump was when Sailor Moon hit TV here)

I have been watching since probably late 80's early 90's.
I have a humungus VHS collection 😛
But the internet has been the BIGEST help to this... allowing fansub and now even simulcast groups to pretty much get these things out AS they are released... not having to wait a YEAR for a company to pick it up, produce and release it.

Recording of all my older VHS anime is well in progress.  Probably 10+ of 40+ tapes done so far 😛
Uploaded a bunch of it.. if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Problem it its TIME consuming. 
It records REAL TIME.  So a 2 hour tape, takes 2 hours to record. (at least the program i can set to only record 2h so it auto stops recording... so i dont have to babysit it).  I will often start one before i leave for work, one when i get home, one before bed.

Re-watching some of it.. i releize how much of some of them i have FORGOT.. and will have to re-watch.

Going through all the stuff, relalized that 2 of my DVDs were scratched to heck.. had to re-download that series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haibane_Renmei

No action, etc.. but again, one of those series which gets you RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

You stole my Anime Idea! I am hurt! I am in pain! I am... liking this... hmm carry on 😄

I am soo waiting for your uploads man! I call Dibs! lol

SHould be a fair amount on there right now.

I still have like 20 tapes to go though 😛

Woot! 😄

I'll check it tonight! Hehehe

Oh wow, so much more than last time I checked. Thanks @Gdkitty

Anyone watched Blast of Tempest?

I recently watched Rokka: braves 6 flowers (forget the correct name) and Gate
Good anime to consider watching imo

Yup, those were on my last season watch list 🙂

Hopefully they do a 2nd season of both some time.

I am hoping that too! 😧

GATE is unique view on political matters, but that type of anime ususally covers the gundam / mobile suits anime lol

Watching a few this season..

VERY funny, that there are two different companies, who have released almost IDENTICAL animes XD

Gakusen Toshi Asterisk   &  Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Little early.. but they have the WINTER anime list out already.

http://anichart.net/winter

Looks to be a little better than the CURRENT season.  Lots of 2nd+ seasons of stuff.

- Durarara season 4 (suposed to be the LAST)

- Gate Season 2

- God Eater 2

- Schwarzesmarken - Sci-fi military drama

- Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation

- Hai to Gensou no Grimgar - Adventure fantasy... looks KINDA SAO/Overloard type storyline

- Divine Gate - When the Divine Gate opened, the living world, the heavens, and the underworld became connected, ushering an era of chaos where desires and conflict intersect. 

Been watching one on Netflix..
(filling in the gap this month or so between seasons)

Arpeggio of blue steel.

Initially (and mostly is) a naval military Sci-Fi series. 

Whats wierd.. it has HEREM aspects to it as well... considering all the females in question are 'avatars' of the bad buy military ships... O.o

THAT ANIME, arpeggio of blue steel.
That animation style is so awesome. Kind wished there was more. Like A LOT more episodes lol

Dude, do not complain about the anime. YOU KNOW you love it!
It's like battle ships ...meets.... err anime? you know what, I got no puns or relations. but it is awesome! 😄
(I love when they battle ... I kind of zone out when they are talking haha)
Plus Virtual Reality Comm for the girls? O__o Awesome, no?!

The animation style.. its 3d generated (vs cell, etc) but in a cell style.

Knights of Sidonia was much the same way.

BBK/BRNK this season is much the same style.

---------------------

Just finished watching a decent one on Netflix.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Netflix original apparently.

Interesting style.. has some things which seem almost DBZ style animation.

Oh very neat.
Someone also Re-did the scene of DBZ on youtube when goku goes Super for the first time. Smooth animation.

As long as animation is like RWYB or whatever that is called... >__< those style are not my thing.

Kill la Kill animation style is border-line of liking and not liking it except the anime content itself was good for me to stick around.

I haven't watched Knights of Sidonia, what's that about? (I guess I should check a trailer out?)
BBK/BRNK was advised to me by a friend but then he later told me not to waste my time? lol is it bad? haha

Sidonia, is about a colony ship in space..  and the people living on it/defending it.. form these alien genetic things.

It was generally pretty good.

BBK/BRNK.. its hard to say.. it has some big potential.
Its only been one episode.. so its hard to say.. you have to sometimes give it 3 or so to really see if it has potential.

Brynhilder into Darkness which was out last year was that way.. I was.. meh..  about it... till like 3rd epsiode... COMPLETE blindside!  OMG! was on the edge of my seat till the next one... and ended up great.

Didn't watch Brynhilder into Darkness. Maybe I should try that first while BBK/BRNK brings out more episodes. lol

Colony in space kind of to me is 'meh' after Gundam Series. x__x I get bored quickly.

(DEATHSYTHE ALL THE WAY! WOOHOO!)

OK.. Full SPRING lists are up.

http://anichart.net/spring

Here are my picks for this next season:

• God Eater - FINALLY finishing season 1 of this.. must have been some major studio delays 
  • Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends - Yet another 'magic school' genre which seems popular now a days.. but what can I say.. I like the genre.
  • Endride - Story about an inner earth type of place
  • Gakusen Toshi Asterisk 2nd Season
  • Hundred - Looks like another battle monsters - harem style story, but looks ok
  • Koutetsujou no Kabaneri - looks very STEAMPUNKish
  • Macross Δ - Its macross... enough said 🙂
  • Terra Formars: Revenge - Teraformers 2nd season
  • Seisen Cerberus: Ryuukoku no Fatalite - High fantasy
Topic Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 4 in conversation