cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eudora not receiving

wchumphries
I've been around

I am using Eudora 7.0.1.0, and have been for some time. As of Feb. 1, 2017, I got a message saying that Certificate was invalid. I have had the problem before and proceded to apply the fix of telling Eudora to trust the Certificate. I did this for both Checking and Sending. This allowed me to send messages, but I still can't receive. I get the message: There has been an error transferring your mail. and then the POP server (xxxx.broadband.rogers.com) said ERR server error Please try again later (SYS/TEMP). 

Well, I have been trying later for 3 days, and no luck.

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Eudora not receiving

Lurker
I'm a senior advisor
Eudora!!!! My word, that's a name I haven't heard in a looooong time. 🙂

Anyway, check here for an answer.
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/4090...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@wchumphries:

In order to save you reading that entire thread, check out the following post.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/413...

The above link assumes you're using POP and not IMAP, but the certificate issue only seems to affect POP, not IMAP.

kena
I'm a frequent visitor

Put me on the list of old stuborn people too.  I tried the suggestions on that thread for Eudora, but nothing seemed to help.  The certificate is trusted, but I still can't get my e-mail.  Oddly enough I can still send them.  Hopefully this get solved soon.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kena

Did you do both - extend the username by adding "@rogers.com" and change the incoming server to Yahoo instead of Rogers?

kena
I'm a frequent visitor

changed the user name (added the @rogers) and it worked today.  Have been trying everything in every combination for days. The only thing I did diffferent today was I set up my account in outlook and after a few tries Outlook finally worked.  Then I closed it and fired up Eudora and after a few hiccups it worked.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation